Open today: 5:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Calcutta Photo Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Kolkata (Calcutta)
Magic Hour Tour
43 Reviews
from $28.50
from $36.00
from $35.00
from $30.00
More Info
All reviews culture kaleidoscope walking tour cultural tour amazing photos photography skills great shots his knowledge great tour photo opportunities professional photographer his passion photo walk flower market chinese temple amazing city different cultures wonderful introduction
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019

Three of us went on a tour with Majit to the vegetable market. It was a great experience. He is a very good guide and did know a lot of details about the markert and the culture of the many people working there. He is very frindly and know many of the people working at the market which makes it easier to take your photograph. He is also a very experienced photographer. I had just bought a Canon EOS R and he learned me quite a few tricks which I found very usefull.
As it was such a great experience I book a tour the Next morning at 6 am where we went to the flower market. Also a great experience resulting in many great photos.
We can warmly recommend everyone to take one of his tours.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank KimFMichaelsen
Reviewed March 20, 2019

In January 2019 a trio of us went to Kolkata to film a short documentary for The University of Manchester.

We needed some shots to establish the city in the film and got in touch with Manjit to help us do this.

The day was amazing. Manjit met us at our hotel and we decided on the locations we wanted to capture. We shot the river at sunset, visited the flower market, caught the ferry, went to a couple of temples and saw the awesome clay idols being made in Kumartuli.

Manjit is a great photographer as well as tour guide, so he makes sure to take you to all of the best spots that will ensure you get great shots. He's also well known around the city which makes you feel like you're in good hands.

After the trip Manjit provided us with an official invoice, which kept our finance office happy.

If I'm ever in Kolkata again I'll be sure to get in touch with Manjit, professionally and personally he's a great guy.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank davgen6
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

We did a 3 hour walking photo tour through a variety of ethnic and cultural areas of Calcutta with Manjit. Although my background originates in the city I learned a lot about the variety of life there and sampled some interesting food. I also got some memorable photos.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank StephenM5
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

On a recent trip to visit Calcutta we decided to go on a tour. Manjit was the best tour guide I have ever had. I have travelled to many countries and never had so much fun and learnt so much on a single tour. We enjoyed it so much that we booked a second tour to go on a couple of days later and it also did not disappoint! The tour was well paced and very interesting. The food was also great and I really enjoyed the chai. Manjit provides great humour and a refreshing outlook on life.
Manjit is one of the most naturally talented photographers. He taught us some of his tricks and the photographs we have are beautiful. We have recommended the tour to many friends from the UK who will be visiting soon. We intend to retake the tour on our trip to Calcutta next year.
Book this, you won’t be disappointed, it made our trip!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 19, 2019

The morning tour with Manjit was a highlight of our trip to Kolkata. He arranged a pick up from our hotel then a walk around the streets to experience the city as a local. He explained the history of some of the buildings and how they have transformed since the colonial era.

Manjit is a local who is passionate about the city. He also encourages you to eat the local food (though I needed no encouragement!), talk to the local people and capture images of them in their daily lives.

I would highly recommend this trip and it is great value for $$

Date of experience: January 2019