“Refreshingly new way of seeing Kolkata!!”

Calcutta Photo Tours
Ranked #1 of 50 Tours in Kolkata (Calcutta)
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Heritage, Cultural, Special Interest, Photography Tours.Explore Calcutta (Kolkata) like a local. Get under the skin of this awe-inspiring city. Learn and appreciate the heritage, culture & history even if you are not crazy about photography. And if photography makes you smile, THIS is the one to do! Calcutta's BEST special interest tour operator. Experience us to experience what all these wonderful people felt!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Kolkata- the city I was born and brought up in and obviously one tends to think that one have seen it all and know it all about this wonderful city....bu the tour with Manjeet one February morning proved me entirely wrong!
We met with Manjeet early one wintry morning in February, on my visit back home. We started in front of what we can refer to as the remains of the Great Eastern Hotel.
We continued our walk down Dalhousie Square...while he told us about the different historical buildings that dot the vicinity...pointing out the significance of the different sculptures adorning them...which would have never even crossed our minds...as laymen.
We also stopped by for a hot cup of "Chai" accompanied by biscuits from the local bakery... it was refreshing and even more so as it was on the house...Every sentence he spoke, everything he pointed out to us was steeped in British Colonial history...with some questions to tickle your brain thrown in between. He very interesting points out certain spots where one could capture lovely shots on the camera...but it is not typically just a photo tour...more of a walk down the memory lane of Colonial India.
The trip lasted about a couple of hours and was truley the highlight of my visit back home...have been raving about it to my expat colleagues as a must-do on their visit to Kolkata.
Thank you Manjeet to opening up a new way of looking at my beloved "City of Joy"!!

3  Thank Priya1979
"amazing city"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed March 7, 2013

"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." - Will Durant

My second tour with Manjit - "The European Calcutta", was nothing short of Street Magic - For Real. This city is steeped in so much of history, which not only contributed to its Buildings but the entire Landscape across Religions and Cultures as well. Manjit brings up all of these as if by Magic.

Manjit's got a story to go with almost every Building, Street or Culture, making the experience not just enjoyable but educational as well.

The tour was well paced and so exploratory for the Kolkatan in me that I did not realize how time flew by. Every minute of the four hours was absolutely worth getting up early on a Sunday morning.

Will surely be back for more real soon! Next time I will try and take my parents along as well.

3  Thank Gshroff
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been visiting Kolkata (Calcutta) for the last 30+ years, but today's experience was quite unlike any before. Many thanks to Manjeet for taking my friend and I through the European, Asian and non-native cultural amalgamation that Kolkata is. A highly interactive morning walk-tour around the Chinese, Jew, Parsi, Armenian, Jain, Portuguese and Anglo settlements enabled me to see the many facets of the city I had heard and read about. I recommend this tour to the citizens too as am sure a large percent of them would never have been exposed to this bit of history. Kudos to you Manjeet - keep up the good work! I will be back! Cheers, Anirban.

4  Thank Anirban_epicure
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have booked Calcutta Photo Tours and i am so much amazed.
This is not just a photo tour its about a cultural inside view, its about meeting people, it’s about heritage and it is about getting a feel of the daily life of the people. It’s the vibe and the pulse of Calcutta.
The guidance and the knowledge from Manjit are just amazing and I never thought that I find in Calcutta such nice and silent places full of graciousness which he showed me. The colorful streets full of life pulsating and I am in between with Majit!
I never will forget that amazing day!
Thanks Manjit!