“Guess only known Jain temple in the city”

Jain Temple - Kolkata
Book In Advance
More Info
$100.00*
and up
Private Tour: Places of Worship in Kolkata...
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Could relate to the Jainism things here as I had a Jain friend once who was pretty close to me. I think only option for the Jain devotees seeking for a temple while in Kolkata.

3  Thank seeemoumita
"visitors"
in 5 reviews
"parts"

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I thought I'd seen all the glitz that India could offer when it comes to temples, forts and palaces but this place takes pride of place. Highly decorated with not only mirrored tiles, but brightly coloured mosaic work, gilt ceilings, tiled floors plus a multi coloured community hall this place is amazing. A must see if you like photography (although photographs are only permitted on the outside of the buildings)

2  Thank JandJ68
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Probably it was the timing, and I visited the place during noon. It is peaceful and wonderful. Must visit, if you want some time away from the chaos and rush of the place.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

can anyone plz tel me the exact address of this colourful jain temple in kolkata.I would like to go there as soon as possible.

10  Thank madhu1985_13
See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were nearing the end of our trip to India and to be honest suffering from Temple fatigue but we were told this was a “Not to be missed” so on our last full day we visited. Well, what a treat, visibly different from all the other Temples we had seen and we were made very welcome and shown round the complex. The colour, details and sheer joy of life that exudes from the main building and the outer area and gardens was a pleasure. The temple is flamboyantly decorated with glass mirrors, semi precious stones and bright paintwork and this theme continues throughout this peaceful spot. We enjoyed a detailed explanation of the Jain religion and it left us with an extremely good memory of our visit. Go and Enjoy

2  Thank bsandrs