“Bad Inexperienced employee”
Review of The Red Carpet

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kolkata (Calcutta)
The Red Carpet
Ranked #204 of 343 Kolkata (Calcutta) B&B and Inns
Calcutta
“Bad Inexperienced employee”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The place is centrally located and does let one roam the city restaurants and markets. The employee who prepares the breakfast is not the best. He had lots of time in his hand. He would help as needed but that did not take much of his time.

Then he would start chats with the guests. I was there with my in-laws and he just got them into a constant chat mode. My in-laws being polite engaged him and found him a fun distraction. I has some emergency work tasking, and I found his hanging around and talking away a major distraction.

Then on a followup trip he decided to turn into a cassanova, and started to flirt with female members. I guess fault lies on both sides but this was a constant distraction. An employee should be professional and work oriented not develop relationships with the guests, else this is not really a family place.

I have developed a bad taste for this place and would not encourage anybody to stay here till they give proper training to their employees.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
OwnerTRC, Owner at The Red Carpet, responded to this review, September 19, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, your comments are truly valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our location advantage. It is a continuous attempt here at The Red Carpet to do our best for all the guests, and will look into the issues you have pointed out. We welcome you to come and stay with us again. We have improved since your last visit.

Thanks & Regards,
Owner – The Red Carpet

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Monterey, California
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The Red Carpet, has two full serviced apartments located around the Gariahat area in Kolkata, West Bengal. One of them is at Hindusthan Road and the other at Keyatala Lane. During my trips to Kolkata in 2013 and 2014, I had stayed in both their apartments with my family members, relatives & friends. I had a wonderful stay at the apartments with the excellent services provided and courteous behavior of the management as well as staff. And regarding the tariff, it is reasonable. Long term guests (more than 2 months stay) can be offered a discount, and for that you need to discuss with the management

Hindustan Rd apartment is on the first floor of a housing complex manned by tight security. Hence I felt the place to be safe for all including single lady on travel or tourists from abroad. I highly recommend this place for tourists from abroad. The apartment is self contained and has a small kitchen equipped with gas, stove, cutleries, pottery, dishes, cookware, kitchen linens, microwave, kettle, teapot, toaster, serving dishes, knives, forks and all you need. The two bedrooms are fully done and the comfort zone is in the range of 7-8 out of 10. There are enough cupboards to store all your clothing, bags & baggage's. There's an audio system as well in one of the bedrooms with mounted Bose speakers. This was really a bonus as I was really enjoying my time with Van Buuren, Yanni, & a bit of Thai club music. The sound is ZIP ZAP ZOOM! :). Well now coming to the baths and toilets, there are a total of two. I must admit that one of the baths attached to the bedroom is really really tiny. It is restricted to just one at a time. No couples together :) for valentines :) , hehehe. But this tiny little bath has all the amenities, shower, geyser,even a ceiling fan and an exhaust - so owners can be excused! The other bath is of a regular size - I have no complaints except that the geyser may take a little time more to heat the water, say 15 to 20 min - that's ok I guess. There's e medium size sitting/relaxing zone with an open verandah, through which you can view the outside Kolkata. You can see the pigeons and birds popping in at times from the open Verandah for a "Hello". Then there's the dining area which is really comfortable with round sitting cushioned sofas and a round glass ding table. A couple of times I found myself snoring away there :). And the important point is that the entire house is wifi enabled, so you wont feel like leaving your laptop for a single minute. I feel there's no disturbance with wifi or maybe minute at times. And then, you can cool yourself from the Kolkata heat by switching on the AC - in all rooms including the sitting & dining area. Finally, very few mosquitoes - the best option is to keep all your doors and windows shut from afternoon onwards, and especially evening when they become quite active.

You are served with a complimentary breakfast - Breads/Toasts (no brown), Eggs (the way you want them to be made), Rotis (Flat Indian hand made breads) & Vegetables Curries (for long staying guests only), Semolina Porridge (at times) and Milk, corn flax, well, that's sufficient isn't it? The boy named "Tridip" does all this for you. He is really a quite fellow, talks less and will do all your work, whatever you ask him to do. Very pleasant to speak to. And when you talk to him he starts to speak more and more. He is really a wonderful and helpful guy. And you can share all your poems with him - a wonderful writer indeed - did any of you know this?

Next comes "Mashi", the house cleaning lady - knocking your door at early mornings or in early afternoons. She called me "mamoni" :). She is pretty aged and does all the house work sincerely, at this age. I still cannot believe!! Mashi is a lovely cute lady, loved & cared for me a lot. Will remember her hospitality.

When you stay at The Red Carpet (Hindusthan Road), you feel as if you have come to your home, your own HOME. That's what we all expect from Red Carpet. Hope they are able to provide their services and customer satisfaction for a long time to come.

I extend my thanks to the Red Carpet team - I had a lovely stay for two months during Durga Puja Festival, 2013 and during my short trip to Kolkata for two weeks in Jan 2014.

During my next review, I will write about The Red Carpet (apartment at Keyatala Lane). So long...

Room Tip: A fully equipped Serviced Apartment, in the most happening part of Kolkata - THE RED CARPET
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank schawlia
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Location is excellent close to shopping areas of Gariahat.Located inside a good residential colony and walkable distance to busy market area.The apartment requires work on the bathroom.one caretaker and three bedrooms on the 2nd floor of the building, street view from the common balcony of two bedrooms. Tea and bread omlette available with small LCD TV with dish connection.Best part of Kolkata compared to any other city is the easy availability of yellow ambassador cabs with fare meter, they are all over the place.The fare is equivalent to paying autos in other cities.I didnt pay for this apartment stay so not sure what was the deal like, as usual with other service apartments dont expect the luxury and comfort of hotel stay

Room Tip: choose the room with balcony
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family