“Good Sight but in need of maintenance”
Review of Howrah Bridge

Howrah Bridge
Book In Advance
$49.00*
and up
Private Tour: Full-Day Kolkata City Tour of Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge...
$432.00*
Private Full-Day Kolkata Tour
$71.25*
and up
Private Tour: Kolkata Sightseeing Including Mother House, University of...
Mumbai (Bombay), India
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Good Sight but in need of maintenance”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Like most of us I just wanted to visit the famous Howrah Bridge, so on my trip to Kolkata I told my driver to include Howrah bridge on the route. The bridge itself is an engineering marvels, and considering the period in which it was built, it is an engineering feat.

The only problem is that the complete area has traffic congestion, one side of the bridge has busy train terminus Howrah Terminus whereas the other end has the busiest market of Kolkata Bada Bazaar. I too us almost 15 mins to scroll through a distance few hundered meters. Due to this congestion there is no possibility of getting down on the bridge to explore the bridge closely.

All said and done it is good to include this in your route through Kolkata.

Visited July 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Bridge where time is still”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

When you look at the bridge you just can not stop and wonder at the marvel it is. Such bridge would have been definately way ahead of its time.

Time stands still here. There is alot of buzz around this place as Badabazaar and Howrah Railway station are nearby.

They say, every city has a soul, for me I found it here. No wonder it features in every movie and any book we read.

Visited June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Bad... Worst... Most congested place I've ever seen”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

One of the worst places to visit in Kolkata...
Please do not make even an effort to see this. Highly congested stinking area with nothing great to offer.
Please avoid this place.

Visited July 2013
Bengaluru, India
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Engineering Marvel!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This bridge is definitely one of the engineering marvel. I guess the bridge is one of a kind one of the world's largest suspension bridge. Being an engineer this bridge makes me proud of my profession.

Visited February 2013
Varanasi, India
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful bridge..”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I liked the bridge as it has no pillars . I will says its a beautiful construction in Kolkata. It is the symbol of this city

Visited April 2013