“A very good hotel,awesome food.”
Review of The Peerless Inn

The Peerless Inn
Ranked #15 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel is located in the most commercial area of Kolkata, just beside Grand. Although not as grand as Grand, the hotel definitely is one of the best in Kokata. The rooms and service quality is fine. The food, especially, the breafast they serve is definitely not to be missed. Aahilia is the best out of all the restaurants inside the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMPIK, General Manager at The Peerless Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for posting your review of The Peerless Inn, Kolkata. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities and services, and hope to serve you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Peerless Inn

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Located at heart of the city ,at Esplaned Kolkata. this hotel is good.Offers buffet breakfast, staff are very friendly. Food at their Aheli restaurant serves authentic Bengali cuisine and really excellent, particularly Ilish machher paturi anf Dhokar dalna.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Copy of e-mail to the Customer services manager dated 25th February that still remains unanswered.

On the 22nd February, my wife and I travelled from Assam to Kolkata.

At the airport, I booked a prepaid taxi to travel to the New Kenilworth Hotel where I had a booking arranged through booking.com. I checked the pre-paid taxi form and it did show that we were due to travel to the Kenilworth Hotel and I told the taxi driver to take us there.

For some reason best known to the driver he took us to your establishment. At the reception, I presented my booking.com reservation to your staff who could obviously see the I had no reservation at your hotel but instead of telling me so, he proceeded to book me into your hotel. I must say I now feel a sense of betrayal and a lack of professional attitude by your staff.

Later on I questioned the name of the hotel and that your In-house magazine indicated this hotel to be part of the Sarovar group. I was told that indeed the hotel was now part of this group.

It was only when I checked out, a new member of staff at the reception finally told me that I was not at the Kenilworth Hotel. When I challenged why I was not told that I was at the wrong hotel, the original member of staff told me that he had found no booking for me and instead of telling me so just checked us in. I noted that the room rate charged was exactly as on my reservation confirmation with Kenilworth although on the web your charge rate is less. I was also given false
assurance that there will be no charge made by booking.com although I knew that they would be within their right to do so.

I am happy to note here that after receiving a copy of the above e-mail, The New Kenilworth Hotel and Booking.com acted above the call of their duty and wrote off the cancellation fee. A lesson that the Sarovar group should take on board and teach their staff how to treat customers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Waltonian4
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Located at heart of the city , this hotel is good but slightly expensive. Needs maintenance.Offers buffet breakfast, staff are very friendly. Food at their Aheli restaurant serves authentic Bengali cuisine but expensive. I visited there during rainy season and they were serving special Khichuri. The veg Khichuri was for Rs.800/- served along with beguni (brinjal pakoda) and aloo bhaja (crispy potato fries).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GMPIK, General Manager at The Peerless Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for posting your review of The Peerless Inn, Kolkata We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had been staying at this hotel on a business trip to Kolkata. The only good thing of the hotel was the location. The Bed was not comfortable. The toiletories in the bathroom were near not there at all. Also the main thing that other than the room charges, everything was very very costly be it food or anything. No extra Sealed bottled water in the room, if wanted then chargeable and charges costlier than a 5 star hotel. In total no value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you, for your recent stay at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

We have noted the concerns that you have highlighted and are working towards improving the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed in this property in January 2014, had a wonderful experience .. the rooms were good and the service quality was excellent. Wi-Fi facilty works good and more over the ambience is wonderful ... the buffet in the restaurant was good and was customized to an extent to suit our requirements ... good place for business meetings and located conveniently ... while I was there construction and renovation was being done ... but in no way it affected the quality of our stay ... i am sure once the renovation work is done .. it will be a great place for all travellers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed in Jan 22nd & 23rd two nights. One of my fav. hotel as I started my career here. Rooms require renovation badly so the bathrooms. There was problem with A.C too.Warmth was missing in Front Office..Food can be improved.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

We have noted the concerns that you have highlighted regarding Front Office, food and are working towards improving the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata