“The Best Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Kolkata
Ranked #12 of 251 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had a perfect stay at this hotel for a 3 days on a business trip.The room was great with pool view, bathroom was massive with all the things one would require.The Breakfast served in Waterside Cafe is excellent, would advise all not to miss it.There is a wide selection of restaurants provided in the hotel.Overall cant expect anything more..

Room Tip: If possible try and get the room with the pool view or on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencyKolkata, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear nick1234,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Kolkata!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback written on Tripadvisor for your recent stay with us and for highlighting what made your stay memorable.

It makes me happy to hear that you appreciated the pool view room and the large bathroom as well as our breakfast served in Waterside Café, the team in service and kitchen are most delighted that you enjoyed the selection of breakfast served.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you soon back to our hotel.

Britta Leick-Milde

Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here whilst DH was attending a meeting at a nearby hotel. The entrance is opulent and the check-in swift. However the promised tourist info never arrived. Our room was large and featured a sunken wet room with shower and tub - very nice. Drinks in the bar were expensive and, since the bar was open to the buffet restaurant below, there were lots of cooking smells. Breakfast had a vast array of dishes but the servers seemed a little muddled. We were at the hotel for our 40th wedding anniversary and had a very good dinner in the Indian restaurant, Gucci. Our waiter Avic was very efficient and knowledgeable about the menu, helping us to make good choices.
We hired a driver, Bikash Passad, for the day so we could look round Kolcata and he was excellent. He really listened to what we wanted to do/see and took us to really interesting places, including Peter Cat for a late lunch (usually places featured in guide books disappoint but this one did not). When we got back to our room the hotel had left us a bouquet of flowers - presumably to mark our anniversary - very nice.
The pool area is a lovely oasis and the attendant, Biswajit, was courteous and very helpful.
Even though we normally stay at the Marriott we found this hotel good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear keenvisitor,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Kolkata!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. Also I thank you for choosing to stay with us while celebrating your 40th wedding anniversary and I hope you had a memorable stay.

I really appreciate the detailing in your feedback regarding services you found outstanding during your stay. Your appreciation about the services of our waiter Avic in Guchhi and the chauffeur have being very encouraging and were most immediately communicated to the teams. Also your feedback on our breakfast service has been taken seriously and discussed with the team to ensure that the service is more efficient and knowledgeable.

I hope we will be able to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future, please keep me informed about your travel plans it will be my pleasure to assist with any booking requirements and ensure your stay is comfortable.

Britta Leick – Milde

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had a perfect stay at this hotel for a 2 week business trip. The pick up at the airport and check in late at night on a Sunday was perfect. My room with a view of the stadium next door was great and spacious. Bathroom was all marble and massive. The hotel is perfectly located for offices in the Salt Lake area. The daily transport offered by the hotel by knowledgeable and english speaking drivers was very efficient and convenient.

The wide selection of restaurants in the hotel provided me with more than enough dining options for my 2 week stay. La Cucina was my favorite. They had a lamb menu for one of the weeks Iwas there.....amazing! The breakfast servers in Waterside Cafe were great and super friendly and accommodating. Wish I could remember the guys name that served me every day....he was awesome. Room service was also great (try the beef burger if the curry is getting too much!)

The gym is well equipped with nice views of the pool area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencyKolkata, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear J_A_Travels1,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Kolkata!

Thank you for your wonderful review written on Tripadvisor regarding your last stay.

Allow me to thank you for the time given to write such a detailed description of things you felt made your stay memorable with us. With great pleasure I will share your encouraging feedback with our dedicated team.

It would a pleasure to have you stay with us on your next visit to the city, therefore do let me know your travel details in order for me to ensure you that your stay with us is again a memorable one.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel,

Thanking you,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

An excellent business hotel: very comfortable and efficient with no surprises.

Yes, it's as bland as other quality chain hotels but this is probably why it's so desirable for a brief business trip. Very good but boring,

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Locomota,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Kolkata!

Allow me to thank you for your review written on Tripadvisor. I am glad to learn that your stay with us was a satisfactory one and matching your expectations of a Hyatt Hotel.
However I am sorry to hear that you found our hotel ambiance to be dull. Though we strive to be a preferred business hotel, we put continuous efforts to enhance our ambiance in order to be exiting to our regular guests, therefore I invite any suggestions to make our services more exiting, kindly send them to us and if it permits I would love to incorporate them into our ongoing improvement plans.
Thank you once again for choosing Hyatt Regency Kolkata for your stay in the “City of Joy” – Kolkata and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon back.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at Hyatt Kolkata on business and was pleased with the services provided. The lobby is stunning with clean lines, glass, and very calming. My room as nicely appointed and large. It did have an odd sunk-in/step down tub, but otherwise nice.

The work area in the room was good, with a large desk and a fast Internet service.

I was very pleased with the breakfast option and the dining room was large and open.

I had room service and it was as advertised and quick.

I picked up a nice scarf for my wife in the small gift shop in the lobby.

Overall good staff and very effective for the business traveller.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencyKolkata, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear WilliamNYC,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Kolkata and thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with your stay in October 2013 with us via Tripadvisor.

It is indeed a pleasure to learn, that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for your detailed descriptions of what made your stay with us memorable. I would no doubt share your encouraging feedback with my dedicating team.

We do hope your agenda brings you back to the City of Joy – Kolkata and it will be our great pleasure to welcoming you again to our hotel. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This property is situated in Kolkata's business district of Salt Lake City, Hyatt Regency features modern rooms, an outdoor swimming pool and 6 food and beverage options. Free private parking is available. Relaxing massage can be enjoyed at the hotel's spa.

Decorated with a calming color palette, air-conditioned rooms come with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a minibar and desk. The private bathroom comes with a rain shower and Italian marble bathtub. Free toiletries and a hairdyer are provided for added convenience.

Tour and day trip information can be obtained at the travel desk. Other facilities includes a 24-hour front desk, business center and shops. Wi-Fi is available for an extra fee.

Guchhi serves signature North Indian dishes, while Italian cuisine can be savored at La Cucina. The Hyatt also has a bakery and an all-day dining restaurant. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages can be enjoyed at the bar or by the pool. Room service is available.

It is a 20-minute drive to Kolkata City and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport from Hyatt Regency. Howrah Train Station is 9 miles away.

Room Tip: Ask for King size bed which is available on demand.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ekhan120
HyattRegencyKolkata, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear ekhan120,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Kolkata!

Allow me to thank you for the wonderful details description of the hotel and its facilities. I really appreciate you taking the time for mentioning the features that made your stay a memorable one.
We, here at the hotel, strive to deliver a perfect guest stay and it is very important for us to hear that we have being successful. We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Travel on business for a sales guy is just another day when you want to anxiously check-in and get some rest, before the grind kicks again. I ended up picking on Hyatt Regency Kolkata after about 5+ years, predominantly because of it's proximity to my meeting location.

I must say, I am a little disappointed, here is why--

1. The Bar is not really a place where you want to grab a drink and unwind after a good day, total set-back (it is too small, ambience sucks, staff tried being very friendly but a total turn-off...kept thinking how soon can I send my beer and head back to my room to avoid a conversation... I don't even want to go there again, ever)

2. Breakfast Menu looked decent for the commercials, but then if you have stayed at any of the hotels that are in the same league, this is just average

3. Rooms are good, trust me! Atleast I had a good side to my stay. But after crashing I woke up to realize that the AC controller is either messed up or just a show-piece, it just didn't respond to repetitive hits (Sleep the rest of the night somehow Son :(...) I didn't want to be the drunk bearded guy creating a scene at the front desk at 4:00 AM

4. Refrigerators are non-functional too, so sweat it out since the AC isn't working and then you can long for a bottle of water to quench your thirst too, since they have a refrigerator that just doesn't cool anything- it was a mere show piece

If you chose to stay, here are some pro's...

1. Location- Not too far from the airport (40-45 mins max), close to City Center
2. Courteous Staff- flexible check-out to accommodate a few extra hours
3. Dinner could be a delight, the Restaurant attracts a lot of foodies that are locals

Simply Incredible-- The Hotel was absolutely well done-up as it was X'mas eve, felt nice to experience all of that.

Room Tip: PLEASE check the AC Controller, especially if you are traveling during summers and don't want to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Shekhz,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Kolkata!

It is indeed very disappointing for me to learn that your stay with us was not up to your expectations.

I am sorry to learn that our Bar and Breakfast buffet did not match your expectations and I regret any inconvenience caused to you due to the same. Therefore any suggestions from you to improve our quality and services are most welcome. My sincere apologies also for the shortfall in our housekeeping service overseeing that the room air-conditioning and the refrigerator were not functioning properly. It is after your comment was posted our Engineering team did a thorough servicing of both the air conditioner and the refrigerator and I would like to thank you for bringing the points to my attention. We would have loved to hear the same immediately so we could have ensured that your stay is comfortable by offering an alternate room.

Furthermore we would like to thank you for your feedback on our Christmas decoration – it makes us very happy that you enjoyed the festive time with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to the city.

Thanking you,