An impressive drive up to the entrance gives the feeling of arriving somewhere special & you're not disappointed when you step inside.Most of the public areas centre around a huge space in the middle of the hotel with passing clouds projected on the high ceiling, the large window about 8 floors high overlooking a relaxing tropical pool area at the rear, nice touch is a children's play area on real grass.Our room overlooked the pool (ask for this) & was of high quality. There's a choice of 3 restaurants, all very good we thought: the Indian & Italian are very popular with Kolkata folks so book early.
For sight seeing local taxi is half hour into city (outside peak times) costs between £2 & £5
The staff are very well trained, friendly & made us feel very welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata is a luxury business hotel in Kolkata (or “Calcutta”), India. Being the first five-star hotel in Salt Lake City, it is also acclaimed as one of Kolkata’s favourites. The hotel creates the feel of a private cocoon away from the complexities of modern living without giving up any of its luxuries. Saddled between Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Airport and Howrah Railway Station which lie just 11 km (7 miles) to either side, Hyatt Regency Kolkata enjoys a prime location near the city’s IT hub and is a preferred business destination of East India. A tranquil retreat amid spectacular landscaped gardens, featuring 233 luxury guest rooms and suites, the hotel allows guests to relax and rejuvenate while staying in Kolkata. Apart from all rooms having access to Wi-Fi Internet, guests on the Regency Club Floor enjoy access to the luxurious Regency Club Lounge and evening cocktail hours. Specialty restaurants like Guchhi, La Cucina,and the 24-hour Waterside Café offer a selection of the finest cuisines. Sink into a range of premium spirits and cocktails at The Bar or at Poolside. Pamper yourself at the holistic spa – Club Prana – featuring a 24-hour gymnasium, squash and tennis courts and a landscaped pool.Being one of the most popular business hotels in the city, Hyatt Regency Kolkata provides extensive banqueting facilities for meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions and weddings. The hotel also offers great value meeting packages and personalized catering services.This Kolkata hotel has several interesting tourist attractions nearby. The Science City, an impressive science museum complex, is only 4 km (2.5 miles) away. Nicco Park, an open-air amusement park with an attached water theme park, is also nearby. The Missionaries of Charities is one of the prominent sites for all who visit this cultural capital. Hence, while staying at Hyatt Regency Kolkata one can enjoy many of on-site and off-site activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Kolkata
- Kolkata Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia