I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for one night during a business trip to Kolkata. Staff at front desk were very helpful. Overall the hotel appears very nice. My room was a regular room in the second floor, with a king size bed. Room layout was nice, and especially the bathroom design was a bit out of the ordinary in a positive way. Room cleanliness left unfortunately some room for improvement, as there was a bit of filth in the corners of the bed and more in the drawers, the carpet was in need of a cleaning, and one of the closets had small insects in it. I did not report these to the front desk as I was only staying a short while, so I can't comment on how the hotel would have handled the situation. I had a room rate which included internet connection, I was given the instructions to use my room number and last name as credentials to log on, but the system kept insisting on having to purchase a paid connection. A phone call to front desk resolved the issue, as I was simply told to purchase any plan, and that it was not going to be on my invoice (which turned out to be true).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata is a luxury business hotel in Kolkata (or “Calcutta”), India. Being the first five-star hotel in Salt Lake City, it is also acclaimed as one of Kolkata’s favourites. The hotel creates the feel of a private cocoon away from the complexities of modern living without giving up any of its luxuries. Saddled between Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Airport and Howrah Railway Station which lie just 11 km (7 miles) to either side, Hyatt Regency Kolkata enjoys a prime location near the city’s IT hub and is a preferred business destination of East India. A tranquil retreat amid spectacular landscaped gardens, featuring 233 luxury guest rooms and suites, the hotel allows guests to relax and rejuvenate while staying in Kolkata. Apart from all rooms having access to Wi-Fi Internet, guests on the Regency Club Floor enjoy access to the luxurious Regency Club Lounge and evening cocktail hours. Specialty restaurants like Guchhi, La Cucina,and the 24-hour Waterside Café offer a selection of the finest cuisines. Sink into a range of premium spirits and cocktails at The Bar or at Poolside. Pamper yourself at the holistic spa – Club Prana – featuring a 24-hour gymnasium, squash and tennis courts and a landscaped pool.Being one of the most popular business hotels in the city, Hyatt Regency Kolkata provides extensive banqueting facilities for meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions and weddings. The hotel also offers great value meeting packages and personalized catering services.This Kolkata hotel has several interesting tourist attractions nearby. The Science City, an impressive science museum complex, is only 4 km (2.5 miles) away. Nicco Park, an open-air amusement park with an attached water theme park, is also nearby. The Missionaries of Charities is one of the prominent sites for all who visit this cultural capital. Hence, while staying at Hyatt Regency Kolkata one can enjoy many of on-site and off-site activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Kolkata
- Kolkata Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia