2,716 results
All reviews thai restaurant an oasis grand dame old world charm the heart of the city busy city indian museum pool side wonderful hotel victoria memorial rooms are spacious coffee shop housekeeping staff in room dining front office special mention baan
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The 150 old property is in pristine condition & located centrally. Despite the crowded road just outside the hotel, there is quite inside. Rooms are smaller but beautifully furnished. The bathrooms, though, are quite small. Hotel staff is very attentive & friendly. The breakfast is good but the space is a constraint. We had to wait for table one day & finally had to complain. They do not have a coffee shop which is not convenient. Park Street is quite close & you can walk if an enthusiast. Overall an excellent experience & would highly recommend though it is a bit on higher side in prices.

Room tip: Ask for pool view & specify modern bathroom.
Date of stay: September 2019
SUMITJCAL, General Manager at The Oberoi Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata on Trip Advisor. It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us.

Thank you for your encouraging comments on the friendliness of the team and their genuine desire to delight our guests. We are indeed very fortunate to have a lovely team who offer service from the heart.

Thank you also for your constructive feedback regarding the bathroom size and breakfast experience – I apologize that you had to wait for a table during breakfast. We will ensure as team to plan better for days when the hotel is booked to capacity.

Thank you also for your appreciation of our guest rooms – pristine and well appointed. Yes even though the hotel is surrounded by street shopping on all four sides, it offers an oasis of calm once you enter the gates! Thank you for highlighting this.

We would love to welcome you back and the team and I will ensure you have a delightful experience on your future stays with us.

Best Wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Built in 1860s it is not a modern hotel but is grand in its structure. Wood paneling everywhere. Smallish room but comfortable and classy. Famous for its service.
Beautiful grounds and pool area. Several restaurants including Thai which was very good. Nearby is a park and street fair-like shopping. About an hour from the airport.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank dlishan11
SUMITJCAL, General Manager at The Oberoi Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi Grand Kolkata and Thank You for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I feel so privileged that you considered sharing your experience with other guests.

Indeed the hotel is very centrally located. The Oberoi Grand exudes old world charm with gracious warmth and hospitality and we are delighted to know that you loved the Victorian architecture and colonial feel of the hotel. I am happy we were able to live up to your expectations with our food, service and accommodation.

Thank you for highlighting the swimming pool – it is the central attraction of the hotel surrounded by a garden and palm trees making it the perfect oasis. Thank you for your appreciation of the Thai restaurant and our people. I am sure your words of encouragement would go a long way in inspiring and motivating the team to deliver Service Par Excellence to all our discerning guests.

We look forward to your valued patronage and to the opportunity of creating more memories for you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata is a real gem! It has always been my home away from home. The view from the outside is deceiving but at the same time, the grandeur is present. Stepping through the main doors, you are immediately struck by the beautiful, marbled reception area. Light and airy, and very spacious - very welcoming. The staff throughout the hotel were very professional, friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfasts were amazing, a wonderful selection, and again, the young staff were very efficient and helpful in making the breakfast times fun and enjoyable. The location of the hotel is great - right in the middle of shopping district, most attractions, which are within walking distance. The room…well are very spacious and well-appointed with all essentials. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to visitors to Kolkata. Thank you, The Oberoi Grand, for making the stay so special. Then again, the hotel settles for nothing less than the best!! Keep it up.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you back to your home and family at The Oberoi Grand. It is most kind of you to share your experience with other guests on Trip Advisor and Thank you for taking out time to write this wonderful review.

Indeed Oberoi Hotels and Resorts are synonymous the world over for their blend of service, luxury and quiet efficiency at the hands of well-trained staff offering a warm welcome and unparalleled levels of service and I am delighted that the team together created wonderful memories for you. Thank you for appreciating their efforts to genuinely delight our guests. I have shared your sentiments with my team - it definitely means the world to them.

Thank you also for your appreciation of the hotel. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your breakfast, guest room comfort, central location and rich Victorian grandeur of the hotel. It is well travelled and discerning guests like you that lend stature to our hotel and enable us to deliver Service Par excellence to all our guests. We deeply value your sentiments and patronage.

We are in the business of creating memories and my team and I look forward to welcome you back home. If I can be of any assistance in the future, do reach out to me.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This has been the absolute best hotel experience. They have absolutely treated us like royalty here and we want to come back as soon as possible. All the facilities are amazing and the breakfast is delicious. Thanks to all the staff!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It was such a privilege to have you and your spouse stay at The Oberoi Grand Kolkata. Thank You for choosing to stay and celebrate this special occasion with us.

I am delighted that the team lived up to your expectations and delivered service par excellence, making your stay truly comfortable and memorable. Thank you for appreciating the warm smiles. The team is happy to know that their efforts were recognized and well appreciated

Thank you for sharing that you loved the breakfast experience and personalized service across the hotel.

We immensely value your patronage and look forward to welcome both of you back to your home at The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata. We promise to make your future stays GRAND!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have had a brief stay at the Oberoi Grand at Kolkata with my wife and friends recently during our holidays. The hotel is situated at the heart of Kolkata (the City of Joy) and close to all the main tourist attractions. The hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay most enjoyable. I went back to Kolkata after 12 years and had a grand reception at the airport from the hotel staff who already arranged transport for us. Nabeel Ahmed, the young Assistant manager personally looked after us and Mr Sumit Joshi the General manager came to greet us on arrival. There may be other hotels with modern facilities in Kolkata, but I don’t think anyone would be able compete with the Oberoi Grand on hospitality.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing the inner garden and the swimming pool.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It was so wonderful to welcome you back to The City of Joy…Kolkata! And thank you for choosing The Oberoi Grand amongst so many newer hotels in the city. We deem it a great privilege and honour and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Thank you also for taking out time to write such a lovely review on Trip Advisor.

My team and I are delighted to know that we were able to make your stay comfortable and live up to your expectations. Nabeel feels so happy that he was able to personally ensure all your requirements and arrangements were well taken care of. Thank you for recognizing his efforts to ensure guest comfort. People are our greatest asset and happy guests keep us so motivated. I have shared your sentiments with my team and Nabeel. We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you back to your home at The Oberoi Grand.

If I can be of any assistance at the hotel, it would be my pleasure.

Best Wishes