When we reached Grand on Christmas Eve stay in Kolkata,reception at the Main Lobby was lukewarm compared to Taj or ITC experirnce. On rooms ,though I booked 2 interconnecting rooms,I was allotted two separate rooms.As I protested,they put me in interconnected rooms.La Terrace is very nice but Breakfast time is always chaotic and you have to run for UR seats.Breakfast spread is also similar on everyday and have limited choices.In room dining is also poor,and food quality and variety are not up to the mark of OBEROI.Might be CHEFs were on Leave !!! Good thing is House-Keeping service which was very prompt and accurate. Though I complained to the IN-ROOM Dining about food quality,NO follow-up action taken.
One interesting thing, on the Christmas eve and Christmas day the in-house guests were requested to book their seats/tables in La Terrace or pool-side in Advance for launch or dinner buffet . I have not seen it any other property even on New Years Eve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oberoi Grand, fondly referred as the 'Grande Dame of Chowringhee' offers the ultimate classical residence in the City of Joy. This heritage hotel’s neo-classical facade and grand pillared entrance mark a successful fusion of classical Victorian and traditional Indian style and reflect the city’s colonial history.Standing stately for over 125 years, The Oberoi Grand combines classic architecture and charm with state of the art amenities and facilities, offering guests an oasis of tranquility amidst the bustling city.The hotel features elegantly appointed rooms, equipped with all modern facilities blending uniquely with the colonial architecture.The hotel is located in the main business and shopping district of Kolkata (Park Street, BBD Bag, and Chowringhee) and is in walking distance from most corporate and government offices. It is also conveniently located close to major convention centers, legislative offices, banks, Consulates, Deputy High Commissions, Chambers of Commerce and clubs. This ideal location makes the hotel a perfect base for the business and the leisure traveler.The dining options at the hotel provide a great opportunity to savor cuisines from around the globe. Recreational facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and a full service Oberoi Spa.The city centre location makes the hotel an ideal conference and meetings venue. The options vary from a spectacular ballroom for large conferences and smaller meeting rooms for business gatherings and seminars. A 24 hour business centre fully equipped with modern facilities includes a meeting room along with secretarial services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your The Oberoi Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Grand Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Oberoi Grand Kolkata
- Oberoi Grand Hotel
- The Oberoi Grand India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia