Taj Bengal is very centrally located in the city and offer a fantastic view of some of Kolkata's famous landmarks. The hotel in itself is unique with abundant art all around.
The rooms are clean and big and each room has a small patch of green behind the window panes making it very pleasing. The pool is big and clean and the spa staff is very knowlegable. The hotel has a good choice of restaurents, though the coffee shop has a odd staircase running right in the middle. The breakfast had a good spread and the staff was attentive.
One of my colleague was upgraded to Club floor and the breakfast area at club floor offers the best view from the hotel. Flip side is that entry to this part is restricted only to club floor guests however can entertain others in the club launge (no shorts and flip flops allowed). The club lounge is very comfortable and quiet area. We had a day long meeting there and were completely undisturbed.
Staff at the front desk was very helpful.
Overall it was hospitality at its best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Bengal, designed by the legendary Bob Fox, stands as an elegant Kolkata landmark. It is in close proximity to the commercial centre, Government Offices and Consulates, and must-see sights like the Victoria Memorial, Royal Calcutta Race Course, Horticulture Gardens, National Library and the Zoological Gardens. Iconic host to Heads of State, dignitaries and international business head-honchos, it is geared to the needs of the global business traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Bengal Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Bengal Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Taj Bengal Hotel Kolkata
- Taj Bengal Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia