I stayed here for 7 nights on Business. I felt extremely comfortable and safe here as a single woman. I was given a room with a video doorbell so I was able to see on a screen on my phone who was at the door. Provided excellent bath amenities. Service excellent. Very quiet in the room.
David and Sam among others at the front desk were so helpful and went above and beyond to help me get my work done. Sam at the Breakfast restaurant became a friend. Awesome restaurants, great spa and gym.
Found that the staff here were helpful without being overbearing. It's a large hotel but felt extremely personal. Staff members all knew my name and room number, and that I liked club soda with lime at every meal. Was pretty sad to leave.
Cons: Now I'm spoiled!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Bengal, designed by the legendary Bob Fox, stands as an elegant Kolkata landmark. It is in close proximity to the commercial centre, Government Offices and Consulates, and must-see sights like the Victoria Memorial, Royal Calcutta Race Course, Horticulture Gardens, National Library and the Zoological Gardens. Iconic host to Heads of State, dignitaries and international business head-honchos, it is geared to the needs of the global business traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Bengal Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Bengal Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Taj Bengal Hotel Kolkata
- Taj Bengal Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia