been to dine in this hotel during other business trips and always found to be very beautiful and so this time decided to stay there and must say it proved to be a good choice. if you want to live in full the indian sensation this is the hotel for you. elegant in all its aspects. service absolutely perfect without too much intrusion. very homely atmosphere. excellent breakfast. warm welcome from start. the only thing thing i did not like so much was the room as i found it much too small compared to indan standards. bathroom same. they were not according to my opinion equal to other five star hotels. although i did not ask if they had any bigger rooms. i presume they did and gave me that one as it did have a balcony which was a plus. had small trouble with toilet flushing and the room boy immediately called the plumber. very effecient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Bengal, designed by the legendary Bob Fox, stands as an elegant Kolkata landmark. It is in close proximity to the commercial centre, Government Offices and Consulates, and must-see sights like the Victoria Memorial, Royal Calcutta Race Course, Horticulture Gardens, National Library and the Zoological Gardens. Iconic host to Heads of State, dignitaries and international business head-honchos, it is geared to the needs of the global business traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Bengal Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Bengal Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Taj Bengal Hotel Kolkata
- Taj Bengal Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia