“Simply Outstanding!”
Review of Taj Bengal Kolkata

Taj Bengal Kolkata
Ranked #4 of 221 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Melbourne, Australia
“Simply Outstanding!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed in Taj Bengal Kolkata for 1 night only and I have never experienced this kind of perfect service in a hotel. This is simply 10/10. From the check-in to the check-out process, everything was hassle free. What is the most amazing part of the hotel is the sincerity and genuineness of the service that I experienced. There was nothing fake, nothing for the sake of it. Every team member I came across was genuinely happy to help me and provide me with a service that has made Taj a legend in India. Room service was great and that too at 03:30 am. Wifi in the room is reasonably priced for a 5-Star hotel and is very good in terms of speed. Breakfast buffet was outstanding (you need time on your hands though to do justice to it-I was in a rush!!!).Special mention to Accommodation Executive-Mr. Anmol Ahluwalia who welcomed me at the hotel. He is one gem of a person and very warm and hospitable. To everyone out there looking for luxury accommodation in Kolkata-just choose Taj Bengal, I'll be surprised if anyone comes close to it for service and comfort. Also, some of my other Australian friends had been staying in the hotel from before I checked-in and they too had the same opinion-this kind of service would be hard to replicate anywhere!!!

Room Tip: Book the Luxury Suite. So damn spacious-you'll get lost!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Polish first
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my first trip to India, and I'm glad I picked this hotel. I was staying for 5 nights, so I had plenty of time to see what it was like.
I had a complimentary airport pick up, which was on time and without fault.
From the moment I arrived, to the moment I left, the service was absolutely incredible. Every member of staff was courteous and very helpful.

The room was very nice, large and very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was again very big and also very clean too.
There was no free WIFI, but the option to pay for a short time, or a 24 hr pass.

I ate at the hotel every night, and tried a few of the restaurants, all of which were very nice and recommended. As I enjoy a good curry, I can recommend the Sonargaon restaurant especially.

The breakfast was very extensive, again with very friendly and courteous staff.

Absolutely no complaints from me at all, and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room if you can, but be aware if there are any functions (weddings etc), the noise...
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am an Emirates Cabin Crew and I have seen hundreds of hotels but nothing compares to the Taj!! Just Wow!! From the moment you walk in the door you feel welcome, nothing is too hard for the staff. I came with a cold and when signing in the staff asked if i would like a hot toddy brought up to my room to help me rest! The room service is so yum and prompt, the restaurants have a great selection and all amazing food! I can not recommend this hotel enough! The spa is outstanding, the bed is SO comfortable! You can not fault this hotel and it's staff in any way.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Taj service is legedary, and Taj Bengal staff went an extra mile to make my stay comfortable. I arrived and was offered a free coffee, and since i checked out very early, room service also sent me off with a breakfast box. Both very nice gestures. At checkin and checkout, service was prompt and friendly. At checkout, they forgot to remove a charge for airport drop--- as my office organized that separately. I called a few days later and the duty manager quickly addressed this and refunded my credit card for this charge. Room service was good menu selection and good quality. I didn't have time to try the other multiple restaurants in the hotel. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was quiet. However, the room itself and the hallways to the room could use a touch up. My room's carpet had stains, and the furnishings were old in the room and in the bathroom. This may be an anomaly, and other rooms may be in better shape. But it's not the quality of room that typifies a Taj hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jenabaindelhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a great experience at the hotel. Great service, very well trained staff who really take care of the little things that make your stay just that much better.
For example when I returned to the room in the evening the clothes which i had just thrown around we're neatly folded and kept near my bag, all my toiletries were properly placed and my phone charger was neatly tied up with a band.
Good food options and comfortable rooms.
The only downside was the pressure of the water flow from the shower.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I traveled with my wife, 1 year old baby & parents; both the rooms we had was upgraded to executive suite. The service was excellent and very prompt.
Being a high end hotel, it's a bit expensive but definitely every penny worth.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at the Taj Bengal again for a couple of nights in Feb and it lived up to expectations. I was checked in in my room (possibly because I had stayed before) and the service throughout was very good. This was just a short stay so I didn't use the gym, pool or restaurants.