Taj Bengal Kolkata
Radisson Kolkata Ballygunge(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$89
$80
The Oberoi Grand(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$164
$130
Oberoi Hotels
  • Pool
Swissotel Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$78
$74
Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$116
$96
Agoda.com
Hyatt Regency Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$104
$80
Hotels.com
The Park Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$110
$95
$94
Hotels.com
The Peerless Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$78
$65
$91
$73
  • Pool
Vedic Village Spa Resort(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$76
$69
2,017 results
All reviewsclub floorrace coursebutler serviceindian restaurantvictoria memorialcoffee shopexcellent hotelmemorable stayold world charmbusiness tripduty managerhome away from homethe heart of the cityroom service isexcellent staycourteous staffspecial mention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had a wonderful experience in this beautiful hotel located in the posh alipore area of Kolkata. The area is lush green with lots of trees and the zoo is right in front of the hotel. That was a pleasant change from the concrete jungles all over the city. The hotel itself was wonderful with excellent service and staff. I found the food could have been better. Good place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here several times for business and pleasure. Longest was around 1 month with my family. Exception hospitality, on time service, best food in town and perfect ambiance. Truly a " Taj Bengal". Morning breakfast at Hub has a vast spread but get boring if you are staying long term :) My favourite is Sonargaon truly ethnic environment with most amazing food from northwest and Punjab. Visit to Grill by the pool is must on a cold September evening, exquisite ambiance, perfect place for a romantic date. Regular on time housekeeping, courteous staff and big room with attached balcony overlooking pool. Just Perfect

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying for 7 nights at this incredible hotel. After the first 3 days all the staff in every location knew us by sight and by day 5 by name. Nothing was too much trouble and they were so proactive - even slipping under our room door web copies of the latest Australian news after a casual enquiry for an Aussie newspaper. On our last night we returned to our room to find a 'thankyou' chocolate cake. The breakfasts and wait staff are great, the restaurants, lobby area, poolside and formal bar beautiful. Local musicians add much to the ambience. The concierge helped us out so much, including providing a suite to freshen up on our departure day before heading to the airport. The Taj is not cheap but is fantastic value for money. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Kolkata..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at this for 3 nights. I have to say this is one of the best hotel that I have ever stayed in terms of service. Hotel is located about 30 minutes (under traffic-free condition) from Kolkata airport. Upon arrival, an assigned front desk staff greet and brought me straight to my room without the need of going through check-in process. They just asked to photocopy my passport and returned to me in about 5 minutes later. As I arrived quite late in Kolkata and feeling tired, this certainly helped. Room size is decent but nothing to shout about. Room fixture is OK. TV is flat screen type and cable channel with good variety. Bed is comfy and not much disturbance. Breakfast at the cafe offered a small selection of international and local food. I had a dinner at the same cafe as well. Food quality is good. Staff service at the cafe is excellent. My colleague went to the gym. He mentioned that he was very impressed with the personalised service given to him and the gym equipment is well maintained. I booked a car (not hotel car) for my daily commuting to workplace. When the car arrived, the concierge will call my room to notify. Check-out process is also seemless. My colleague has left his trousers in the room after check-out. After calling the hotel, his trouser was couriered to our workplace in west India the following day. For me, the hotel has taken care of their guest very well and the service is exceptional. My room rate is Rp 10k++ incl bf, internet is Rp 600++ per day. The minor downside of this hotel is may be the location. It is not in the city centre and there is nothing much to see/do within walking distance.

Room Tip: Hotel is not very tall. So, not sure whether room at higher floors offer better view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

In many years as a guest of the West Bengal , never I had to complain once , always taken care of with professionality , courtesy , and , I'd dare say , with the frienship of an old guest , well known to the staff . Excellent restaurants , from the buffet to the Indian restaurant etc . Excellent as well is the limo service , with drivers very professional and careful of the guest's needs .

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business