“Excellent Place Amazing Food Courteous Staff”
Review of ITC Sonar

ITC Sonar
Ranked #3 of 235 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at this place since 2010 and wonder the sustained Hospitality,Service quality & food,Courtesy demonstrated by the entire staff right from security to front desk to Gymnasium.This really amazes me!!

You will experience the courtesy right at the security gate with security personnel welcoming you which you will not experience at any other hotel.As you enter the lobby you will feel refreshing with a signature perfume in the lobby.

I was upgraded to suite room this time.Reservation was very well managed with quick check in provided by Mr Palash as usual at front desk.

It's a very very spacious room with a hall, dining table and massage chair.Bathroom provided with a shower area, bath tub and wc in separate block.It a real amazing experience to stay in suite room at ITC.

Breakfast experience was real good with choice of local Bengal food and South Indian options available.Same Menu not repeated every day.Should definitely try local Bengal food for breakfast be it a hing Kachori cholar daal or luchi.

Dumphukt is a amazing restaurant to try biryani /kebabs /North Indian food.We had a good dinner with kebabs,biryani and North Indian daal with khamiri roti.

This time we fell in love with Pan Asian which is a total pan Asian restaurant serving Chinese /Japanese/Mongolian cuisine.Quality of food, service and food suggestions made by Ms Vinita was really good.

Overall a very fantastic experience at this place.If you plan to stay at Kolkata it is definitely worth trying In Total Comfort (I.T.C) hospitality experience at this place!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Atul B, General Manager at ITC Sonar, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

Recommendation such as yours motivates us to strive for greater heights. We deeply value your patronage and hope to welcome you back in all your future visits.

ITC Sonar, Kolkata

Write a ReviewReviews (2,645)

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed in Sonar in Apr this year for the second time and I must say every time i come here, Sonar exceeds my expectations. The marvellous plush property with the true luxurious experience. The breakfast spread is amazing and the rooms are beautifully designed for a comfortable stay. The food at Dumpukht is out of the world. This hotel in the city of joy has won my heart and I plan to stay here again next month when I visit Kolkata.

Thanks for making my stay lovely again and again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Vikas M

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for your glowing recommendation.

We deeply appreciate your comment on our breakfast, which endeavors to offer several international and local delights with several live stations and is one of the most extensive offerings in the city as well as our signature cuisine Dum Pukht.

Your patronage is deeply appreciated and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

One stay here and I loved the grandness of the place! A super hotel by ITC. The reception staff took a looooong time to check me in but barring that, we had an excellent stay. The rooms are great, the central lawn is big, the morning breakfast spread is really good, the staff is very courteous and the hotel cars are very well maintained with courteous drivers. The tepanyaki restaurant delivers awesome meals specially the prawns!
All in all a fabulous hotel!

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. Built as a business resort, ITC Sonar is an oasis in the bustling city of Kolkata paying tribute to the beauty of Bengal.

We deeply appreciate your comment on our breakfast, which endeavors to offer several international and local delights with several live stations and is one of the most extensive offerings in the city as well as our signature restaurant Pan Asian- which offers ‘The Flavours of East Asia”.

Hope ITC Sonar remains your preferred address in Kolkata, look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

It was my first trip to kolkatta and my experience with ITC was fab.
Staff were so good specially Ms. Manali from Concierge. She was so professional in her job with very friendly nature.

Love to visit again

Mohit

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mohit G

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to note that you had a pleasant stay and comfortable stay.

Your patronage is deeply valued and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Had put up my guests in ITC and had gone to check the rooms

Rooms ITC shud clean a bit more but overall an excellent experience for my guests

Must recommend ms Stephanie leung who helped thru the booking and has been one efficient and prompt person anyone can come across when it comes to dealing with the prorperty.

People make a difference and she surely made a massive differnce with the property being a class by itself.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor.

Being inspired from the local history and culture, ITC Sonar pays tribute to the beauty of Bengal through its unique landscaping.

We have shared you kind words with Stephanie to whom it is highly inspiring.

Your patronage is deeply valued.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My nine day stay at ITC Sonar in June/July 2014 was such a wonderfully luxurious experience that a review was absolutely merited. My initial booking was for three days, their weekend package that turned into nine days thanks to my welcome concierge Manali Banarjee who went above and beyond in helping me secure the same package for six additional days. Manali was also instrumental in getting me to Sunderbans, she spent almost a whole day in calling up several travel houses to check if they were taking a group on the day I wanted to go. When nothing seemed to work, she arranged for a car from ITC's travel house, found a boat that would take me on an overnight journey and gave instructions to the driver to take good care of me as I was travelling alone. Off course I had to pay for it but it was well worth.
At the time of check-in I was upgraded to the Eva room for single women travellers and with it came some wonderful perks like free happy hours from 6-8 pm in the Darjeeling Lounge (unlimited premium drinks with hot snacks) and laundry.
Have to mention chef Vidhu who personally catered to my culinary needs. He prepared a special sampler for the taste of Calcutta and was sure to stop by everyday to see if I wanted to taste any particular kind of cuisine.
The property is beautiful and the free breakfast is sumptuous. They work hard to keep guests happy.
The room was lovely, soft bed with tons of pillows, just the way I like. Special thanks to Ruth in housekeeping for her thoughtfulness when I was down with a cold.
I will definitely go back if I get a chance to enjoy their hospitality. I only peeve I had was the lack of free WI-fi in the rooms.
Archana Saxena

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I am regularly staying at this hotel. The staff is courteous and address me by my name. Kunju, gopal and the rest at the front office take extremely good care of me. Clinton/Robert with his team at the Darjeeling lounge help me unwind after a hard day at work. The hotel is extremely comfortable to stay with and is a true green hotel. I recommend a massage at the kaya kalpa as well. It's worth the money.

Room Tip: Itc one is value for money. Ask them to give you the room with the water view...