I have stayed at the Park Hotel at least 10 times over the last 10 years, and I have always enjoyed my stay here. The location of the hotel on Park Street makes it even better. The staff is gracious and the service is great. The room are awesome (and I think recently renovated, as I noticed that even the standard rooms have rain showers now). The more deluxe rooms and the suites are of course absolutely great.
Breakfast is usually a decent enough spread - on a previous trip in March, we had my 4 yr old sister with us, and the breakfast folks made sure that she got what she wanted to eat (which happened to be hard boiled eggs that day, which they brought out from the kitchen for her). Room service is also great. The amenities smell good as well.
In the evenings, Some Place Else always has great music. The restaurant, Zen also offers great Thai and Japanese cuisine - I had a lovely Pad Thai after months!
The Lobby Manager is always very kind and helpful, and helped me print a ticket in a jiffy without charging for it :)
They also have a nice spa and an ok salon. At the spa, I have had really quality massages and scrubs. The salon, is more of your neighborhood-salon type - do not expect The-Park-Treatment here, as it is operated by an outside vendor. All the same the girls are nice and will be able to provide basic services.
All in all, the Park will always be my preferred hotel in Calcutta (prefer The Park to Taj Bengal as well).
One quick tip: they don't seem to have a very large fleet, so if you need a car, order it a couple of hours ahead of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park, Kolkata, offers urban luxury at the best downtown location, which allows you to access the main commercial and entertainment districts of the city. Its rooms and suites are all lavishly furnished, offering exclusive services to guests, and is a popular destination for the young business traveler and those from the fashion and entertainment fraternity. Known for its exciting after hours entertainment, it is home to 4 nightlife destinations under one roof, which creates a buzz for itself around the country. Someplace Else – the British style pub with live bands every day of the week, Tantra - a 5000 sq ft international nightclub, Roxy – the cocktail bar & lounge and Aqua – the al fresco bar and dining option ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your The Park Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- The Park Hotel Kolkata
- Park Hotel Kolkata
- The Park Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia