“Only if there is no other option”

Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata
Ranked #21 of 221 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Pune, India
“Only if there is no other option”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My experience with the Pride Hotel was mixed- or rather not good if I have to put it that way. The Front office staff was friendly and efficient. The rooms are good & clean.
The minibar was locked.... which was surprising... but then when I called them, they promptly opened it. What was more amusing was that it was Empty!!! They again promptly sent someone to fill it up - with only soft drinks.
We went to the Coffee Shop for Dinner. The Buffet closed at 11pm sharp, so we had to order A La Carte. The food took exactly 1 hour to arrive and was by no chance any close to good.
There were also a lot of Mosquitoes in the Restaurant- though thankfully not in the rooms.
Another surprising fact was that all the 4 rooms we had occupied, were on Single Occupancy basis and yet all the rooms allotted to us were Twin-Beded. I fail to understand why would a person who is occupying a room alone, want an empty bed beside him, and sleep on a smaller single bed?????
To add insult to injury, while we were checking out, noticed a sign at the Reception which read- "One of the Best Hotels of the World"!!!! Really????

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest

At the very outset, would like to apologize for the delay in getting back to you and the inconvenience that you were subjected to during your recent stay at the property.

It is indeed unfortunate that we could not not come up to your expectations and I have shared the feedback with my team.

We would like to assure you that we have looked into our processes of ensuring that the drawbacks you mentioned are looked into via constant training and ensuring that the system of cross checks are in place, which did not work when they were needed to.

I assure you our best attention and would appreciate that you stay with us when you travel to Kolkata next.

Sincerely/ Kenneth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Freiburg i. Br.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Pride Hotel Kolkata is a very nice and modern hotel.
Beautiful rooms, good breakfast and excellent dinner.
But the outstanding experience is the service.
From taking care of an early arrival to helping with a late check-out it was just perfect.
And when a friend had a medical problem a member of the reception staff (Thank you, Mr. Priyat Bose!) took care personally and even accompanied him to hospital.
Altogether an excellent place to stay in Kolkata.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team, specially, Priyat at the Reception.

Your positive affirmation of the hotel would go a long way in keeping the team motivated and focused on customer delight each and every time.

I would very much like to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting Kolkata.

Mumbai
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The Pride - a swanky new property in the upcoming New Town suburb of Kolkata - the location, area etc are quite well planned and you would be forgiven to mistake that you are not in Kolkata..!
However - this is not the city center - and wont be for another 5-10 years!! Finding cabs to and from this hotel isn't easy.
The staff are nice and courteous (aren't they always?)
The maintenance could be better. Huge drove of mosquitoes at the reception when I checked in. The girl at the counter was cute though.. but could have smiled a bit.. :)
There was a marriage party (yeah those annoying people) and it looked like they'd taken over the place.
The room was very comfortable.. very cozy. Nice bed = nice sleep.
Wifi wasn't complementary unlike the other places I've stayed at. :(
I had dinner - which wasn't pricey and service was pretty okay. The breakfast was strictly average.
Having traveled the length and breadth of this country, I can't say this hotel is value for money. But in Kolkata - it would be difficult to find one that is.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team.

We have noted your feedback on the mosquitoes and the buffet breakfast, would look at ways to improve upon the breakfast experience and would ensure that we come up to your expectations.

We would very much like to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting Kolkata.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed February 17, 2014

A 4 star hotel, fit to have a negative star rating.

1. The lobby and the rrstaurant is swarming with mosquitoes.

2. Frantic periodic calls to the waiter to fill water in ur glass is required

3. The menu mentions a brownie with ice cream, but they wont give u the ice cream without u asking for it.

4. Neither do they give u proper cutlery, nor does ur dinner plate match with the others on the table.

5. Pathetic service and attitude of staff

Go to this hotel only if u want to b grounded after a good day :p

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest

At the very outset, would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you were subjected to during your recent stay at the property.

It is indeed unfortunate that we could not not come up to your expectations and I have shared the feedback with my team in Food & Beverages.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed in Hotel Pride in Kolkata during a recent business trip. The hotel is new and rooms were bright and shiny in a way that would gladden the heart of the guests. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Room service was quick. There was wi-fi and all other facilities. Room and bathroom including the toilet were separated by transparent glass (see photograph). I do not know why some hotels have this practice, may be for honeymooners! In any case, there is an option to pull down a curtain if you want privacy in the bathroom. Breakfast was very good and choice of items was enormous, especially for Indian taste. I would recommend this hotel.

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team.

Kottayam, India
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is my first time stay in pride hotel. and they made my stay comfortable and Food are amazing. the staff are very friendly and helpful. they treat me like a VIP guest it made me more comfortable and feel to come back stay again. Thank for the Entire Pride team for making my stay Comfortable.

Room Tip: Excellent Service i got in my entire trip till now.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team.

Udaipur, India
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This will be a very favourite future location. Not very far from airport and pretty close to fast developing rajarhat CC2. Very good rooms, excellent food, very courtious service. They serve exotic bengali dishes too.

Room Tip: The higher floor u take the better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this review, February 12, 2014