“Very Good hospitality”

Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata
Ranked #21 of 218 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Noida, India
“Very Good hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have been there in august on business trip and I really appreciate the hospitality & cleanliness of the Hotel. Its really value for money. this hotel is really value for money and highly recommended for business travelers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Vjain003
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent review that you have written about us; specially with regards to the food and our kitchen team. I would also be sharing the feedback with the team.

I would very much like to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting Kolkata.

Sincerely/ Kenneth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Nagpur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Nestled far away from the city center (almost 18kms), the railway station (almost 20 kms) & the airport ( almost 8 kms) is this wonderful hotel which rightly calls itself "The Pride Hotel."
The lobby, the front desk, the restaurant, the elevators, the carpets, the rooms, the linen, the hospitality & the staff will make sure that you not only feel proud to stay in this hotel but you also get the feeling of joy from your visit to this "City of Joy."
According to me, the most amazing thing about this hotel was their food! Yummy yummy! Even the thought of it still makes my mouth go watery! Even before I landed in Kolkata, I had set a very steep expectation from the sea food of the city & boy, this hotel lived up to my expectation! Normally my experience says that the more stars a hotel carries, the worse is the food (as per my Indian taste buds) but this thumb rule was not applicable here. I never imagined that food cooked in mustard oil can taste this good! But thanks to the awesome chef of this hotel, I got a good taste of what Kolkata sea food is!
The rooms are very very neat & clean. The housekeeping is top class. The room size is very decent & the beds are so cozy that you will not want to get out of it. The carpeted floor of the rooms is very well maintained. There is absolutely no stale smell inside the rooms. The rooms have a small study table, a place near the window to relax with your friend/companion & unwind over a cup of coffee & a transparent view of the bathroom through the glass.( you may also draw a curtain if you want to isolate the bathroom view from the bedroom). The view from the hotel is that of a very vast & open landscape looking over the AXIS Mall.
Very warm & soft ambience lighting is used all around the hotel. You also have a swimming pool, health club, gymnasium & spa at your disposal for your well being & relaxation.
To sum up, this is a very nice business hotel which is located slightly away from the chaos of the city but is within the promising new IT hub/corporate office area of Kolkata. This business hotel can also double up easily as a family hotel on any day & will live up to your expectations in every way.

Room Tip: Take up a room as high as possible to get a very good landscape view from your room. The sunset look...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank csourabh
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team.

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Fairly decent stay at the hotel. Stayed here for 1 night and no reason to complain.

Staff are great and friendly.

Rooms are spacious enough and comfortable for a short stay. Room service was very good.

Food spread is good. Breakfast had a good choice of items, and dinner menu was great as well.

Good thing is the proximity of the hotel to the airport, and it was also close to my office.

A fairly good hotel for a short stay at this price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team.

Udaipur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at pride in November for a wedding and it was recently opened. Our stay was very comfortable and we liked everything about the hotel specially the rooms which were very clean, comfortable and very contemporary. The only issue is that you have to walk too much to reach the floor elevator from some rooms as in our case. Overall a good pleasant stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: consider taking the room close to the elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel , on our way to Kumbh Mela at Varanasi
The Hotel is very good, rooms are good, food as well and the staff is friendly and helpful
The proximity to Kolkata airport is to the advantage of the transit traveller as well .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank satyamsiva10
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this review, September 11, 2013

Noida, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at Pride Kolkatta and was pleasantly delighted at the hospitality, comfort, Room Size and amenities.

Thought Food Spread could be more but the sheer customer satisfaction by excellent service at te Resturant and Room Service makes up for the minor snags.

Over all a highly reccomended Hotel.

Proximity to the Airport is the major advantages of staying at Pride. Avoids all the hustle and Bustle in the city.

View from the Hotel Room is another delight with high rise skyline and well layedout road makes one feel good about Kolkatta. Kolkatta is finally changing for good.

Thank you Kolkatta.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

We have also noted the feedback on the food spread and the buffet layout, we would look at ways to enhance the same.

Kolkata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I, Debasree Mukherjee – Daughter of Mr. Debdas Mukherjee of Kolkata, am very much impressed by the services of the hotel staff, hotel rooms and specially the food because it was the highlight of our stay at your hotel during 17th July’2013 – 19th July’2013. We had booked over 50 rooms in total because of my Wedding (on 6th floor & 8th floor) and also all 4 banqueting halls, i.e. Imperial 1, Imperial 2, Royal and Chancery.
My Special thanks to Executive Chef – Mr. Chakraborty and Banqueting Manager – Mr. Samrat Chakraborty, as they were really cooperative throughout our stay and wedding events. Even our entire guests were enormously pleased by the F & B service and entire food was prepared with lot of attention and care with mouth watering taste. The entire ambience was so amazing that we never got the chance to miss the homely atmosphere it was just home away from home. The entire credit goes to The Executive Chef & his team and Banqueting Manager & his team. They did a fabulous job which was appreciated by everyone during my Wedding Ceremonies.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family