Sapphire Suites
The Lindsay(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Restaurant
Walson Spa "O" Tel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
View Hotel
The Elgin Fairlawn, Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Lytton Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Plaza Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Diplomat Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Room Service
Hotel Maria(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Gulshan Palace(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Hotel Palace(Kolkata (Calcutta))
View Hotel
All reviewsmarket arealindsay streetshoppers paradisedelicious cuisinenoisy areaelegant roomscentral locationexecutive suitethe heart of the citystandard roomsitting arearoom servicedecent sizefront office staffsudder streethouse keepingnice place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was visiting the hotel on business trip, was the first time in the city after searching on the net found this Hotel, was little apprehensive as have found in my earlier trips that pictures and actual rooms are different.
But in this case what was shown is what I got the rooms were neat and clean very well kept which is a good thing.
Food was good though expensive and in the night there were some issues in the kitchen and it took an hour for food to be delivered.
The bathroom were clean but I always believe the quality of hotels can be judged by its linen and in this case the bedding was perfect the towels were really in bad shaped they were in desperate need to be replace and that is my suggestion that kindly have better quality towels

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank samir_aa78
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I along with my wife and daughter stayed in this hotel on 6.6.14 by booking through Yatra.com.I paid Rs.3500/ per night for double occupancy.I was charged Rs.1000/ extra for my daughter who is below 12 years old and total room cost rose to Rs.4500/ from normal rate of Rs.2500/.We found the hotel congested and on entering room there was no homely feeling instead fear psychosis dominated.There is no WIFI.The room are dirty particularly the walls.I repented the whole night and left the hotel much before flight time.Some of the reviews of my fellow travelers are old one .I don't recommend this hotel to any gentleman of my age and stature.
R.Ronya

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank 64Ronya
Ravi S, General Manager at Sapphire Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear R.Ronya,

Greetings from Sapphire Suites....

We regret the inconvenience caused to you by paying extra money for extra person at Sapphire Suites .Mr. Ronya your reservation at Sapphire Suites was for double occupancy and the child age was mentioned "0" years on yatra reservation slip. Let me assure you that no were in the world 8 years and above gets free stay with there parents.We have given the child age policy to each and every travel partners which you might have skipped while making reservation.And regarding Wifi we have upgraded to high speed internet of Tata Docomo. For the size of rooms we followed the H.A.R.A.I norms. We have noted your feedback and would like to apologise for the inconvenience you have faced during your stay and would like to assure that this is not the standard of Sapphire Suites.

We look forward to welcome you back to Sapphire Suites.

with regards,
Ravi Sharma

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Since the hotel is located the centrally in the market room were less spacious .Staffs were polite. The restaurant were okay but the food were not up to the mark. Transportation is an issue most taxi were not willing to go to the airport.

Room Tip: All rooms were same .Good for those who want shopping in kolkata
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at this property for a very short time..almost just overnight....the room which was alloted to me was nice and clean but i felt it was a bit small. For a business traveler the property gives great access to Kolkata with its central location..and for a traveler interested in the city it offers a location at the very center of colonial kolkata....recommended for both types of travel.....the complimentary breakfast was very good.....an icing on the cake

Room Tip: take a room overlooking the new market.....
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank samrat146
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Got a very good value room for a last-minute trip through goibibo.

The hotel isn't particularly well known, but easy to direct a taxi to if you get to the New Market clock tower.

Check-in was easy and friendly.

The room was fairly small, but not cramped. It was clearly very clean and modern at the time of installation, but certain elements have quite a faded appearance now. That said, everything was very well cleaned. A small window opened over the market square giving interesting views, but the noise was not excessive, not least thanks to the small size of the window.

Impressively good restaurant and room service - the kati roll was just what I needed after a long journey. Likewise, a good breakfast - tasty puri bhajee and lots of breads and hot dishes available on suggestion from the staff.

Some few oddities in the building - like some hastily-added glass doors (presumably to keep the aircon in), but overall a good stay, and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo