“Lovely hotel in Ballygunge”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
Durham, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel in Ballygunge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our first stop on our trip around India. It was quite cheap but the rooms were very pleasant, and the staff were helpful. We arrived early in the morning, and they were happy to provide breakfast. Plenty of restaurants etc within a short walk. Quite a way from the middle of Kolkata though, and our taxi driver got lost trying to find it. Best to arrange taxis thro the hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank MegN52
ABHISHEKBHALOTIA, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for taking out time and sharing your review. On your next visit please ask the front desk to book a cab for you for the day so that you do not have any problem traveling. Please do recommend us to your friends and family. On behalf of Relax Inn staff I thank you once again for writing about them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel to travelers looking for reasonable, affordable, but comfortable and clean accommodations and very reliable and warm staff. I spent almost all of my week in Kolkata staying at this hotel and was extremely happy with my choice, and with the fact that I wasn't paying an arm and a leg. If you are looking for a comfortable and clean place to sleep, decent food, and reliable, friendly staff for a great price, this is an excellent choice. I'm very grateful to the staff and the owner especially for really helping me out with travel, in extra ways that certainly go beyond what one can expect for room rent!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ABHISHEKBHALOTIA, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
I would like to thank you for sharing your views about your stay in Hotel Relax Inn. I am happy to know that your stay at Relax Inn was comfortable. Please do recommend us to your friends and family visiting Kolkata. I will ensure they are treated the same way as you were. Thank you once again for taking out time and writing such beautiful lines about us.
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for only two nights during our travels. Khan was the stand out here at the hotel. He helped us with our travel bookings to Gaya and even drove with us to the train station, came aboard to show us our seats/beds and even purchased water for us! We would have been lost in the craziness of the Kolkata train station if it wasnt for Khan-we were so grateful! Kolkata is a very overwhelming place to be for two westerners who had never been to India before and the Relax Inn was a nice haven. The rooms were basic but clean. The food provided by room service was a amazing! We enjoyed a few fantastic curries and we didnt even have to leave our bed!
There is a bit of outside noise. It is truly hard to avoid noise in Kolkata. I wore earplugs while sleeping as im a light sleeper and this was fine.
Highly recommend this hotel, more so for a trusting hand and a sanctuary in the chaos of Kolkata!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gypsylovers
ABHISHEKBHALOTIA, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you very much for taking out time and sharing your experience about your stay in our Hotel Relax Inn. We always try to assist our guests as much we can so that they not only remember us but also there trip to Kolkata.

Please share your visit in Hotel Relax Inn with your friends and family so that we get chance to serve them.
Bishkek, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had spend 4 days in the madness of Kolkata and Relax Inn was the only place where I could feel myself comfortable and relaxed. Staff is just great, especially Mr. Khan and Ms. Suparna who are always happy to meet you, always offer help, helped me with locations a couple of times.

Rooms are all good, except the towels and sheets that could have been more white. And mosquitoes were pretty annoying, but they're everywhere in India. Breakfasts were great in the hotel, Wi-Fi was not working in my room, but that gave me more reasons to go down and chat with other people in the lobby.

Overall, my experience was more than positive. Great place to stay for a reasonable price. Highly recommended to all travelers in Kolkata who don't want to pay too much for their rooms.

Room Tip: Room 105 does not have Wi-Fi working.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael I
ABHISHEKBHALOTIA, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you very much Michael for taking out time and writing your review. We ensure that any guest staying with us feel the same as you did. Mr. Khan and Ms Suparna thanked you for writing about them too.

Regarding the linens we have spoken to our launderette and will change some of them completely.

We have Pest Control under Annual Maintenance and we have informed them about the mosquito problem you faced, thank you for bringing it into our knowledge.

Room No. 105 definitely does not catch WI-FI due to loss of signal, except that room all other rooms catches the same. We are trying our best to find a solution for the same.

Request you to refer us to your friends and family who are due to visit Kolkata and experience the madness........
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

After a stay of almost two weeks, I can honestly say that besides the great service and location, the Relax Inn has a consistently warm and friendly atmosphere. Whenever I returned after a few hours of investigating Kolkata, I felt like I was returning home. I feel very lucky to have booked such a nice and reasonably priced place online from faraway Arizona, USA, especially since I had never been to Kolkata before.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JunebugTucson
ABHISHEKBHALOTIA, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you Mr. Junebug Tucson for giving us so much love and affection. Relax Inn misses u more than u do. Please one request from our side.... do refer us to your friends and family and we assure you that we shall treat them the same....
Ubatuba, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would definitely recommend this newly build, modern small hotel in the city centre. 5 min from Rashbehari, Dhakuria, and all bazars. Breakfast is included in the price, and service is very good! I stayed almost 2 weeks and had a homely like feeling. Decent Tea and Coffee, and very nice cheese toast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JadeLaffut
ABHISHEKBHALOTIA, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much Mr. Jade for taking out time and writting the review. It gives us great confidence to serve our guests....
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

A neat and tidy place located on Hazra Road close to the Ballygunge Phari end. It is real value for money. I stayed for 9 days and had friends and relatives drop in frequently. The staff is friendly and cheerful and looked after my guests. They serve vegetarian food (egg being the only exception) but the super location means quick and prompt home deliveries from other restaurants. We indulged, as a result, on non-veg delicacies from Bhaja Hari Manna, 6 Ballygunge place, Baked and Fried, Kasturi etc. These restaurants are walking distance away while the the shopping areas of Gariahat, sari shops like Byloom, Kanishka and Bunkari, Gol Park and Jodhpur Park are a short drive away. The city sights like Kalighat, Victoria Memorial, St Pauls, the drive along the river is also a short drive away. The hotel had a dedicated taxi service which was reliable and efficient.
The bathroom is small but neat and provides the soap, shampoo, lotion, shower cap, shaving kit, toothbrush and toothpaste. There is plenty of hot water. The only thing I found missing were an iron and a hair dryer. The laundry service could be better and had the sheets and towels (which were changed every day) been whiter, I would have rated this close to a 5 star.

Room Tip: The room facing Hazra road has both an advantage and a disadvantage. Hazra Road is a busy road thoug...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Manoshi
Relaxinn777, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Madam,

I am extremely delighted to had you at Relax Inn and is thankful as you took out time for this review. Your observation regarding Iron & hair dryer has been taken care and will be available by this week only. Regard to Laundry we don't have our in house cleaning and have to send it outside for same. We are giving it to one of the best laundry available as they are also doing for Fortune Select Loudon which is managed by ITC. But we will surely forward your suggestion to our management and will check that. I assure you that on your next visit you will have a better experience at Relax Inn.

Thanks,