“Good food,service and location”
Review of Bistro By The Park

Bistro By The Park
Ranked #269 of 4,196 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Burmese, Indian, Italian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Good food,service and location”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visited this is place with few friend in feb. The first thing that strikes you is the lack of lighting..could make a tad bit brighter even for a fine dining place.The service was good.Our server very attentive and helpful.The ipad look fancy and make it easier to choose a dish by checking out the picture.The food was good.Had a chicken in pesto which was nice but very heavy and even in a non veg dish i like some veggies but that personal taste.The dessert though i didnt taste my fellow diner did and enjoyed it too.what i liked the most is that we had a child with us and the restaurants offered books to keep her occupied while we ate and i thought that was a lovely idea.overall good would love to visit again

• Visited February 2013

CALCUTTA, INDIA
“Good but little over priced”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We dined in this restaurant during the Christmas - New year period. The restaurant is just off Parkstreet with nice decor and ambience. Celebrity chef prepared menu presented in ipad is chic.

We tried the Turkey roast in main course and plum pudding with brandy sauce as dessert. Also ordered some starters from regular menu which are ok but nothing special. The main course was quite nice but portion of Turkey was very small. The desert was very good. The place is little overpriced if compared with the 2 nearby good continental place (Mocambo and One step up). Though the overall ambience of this place may be better than those two but food is maximum at par with them.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank SUBIRGHOSH
Canberra, Australia
“GOOD IS MORE ACCURATE THAN AVERAGE”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I went with a friend and we ordered a couple of dishes. The one recommended by friends was very average but the other was good. Service was good but the food was expensive.

Visited December 2012
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was hanging around Park street with my wife when we decided to have a bite. It was about 4 in the evening so we weren't in the mood for a big meal. We came across this joint on Middleton Row and decided to give it a try. The place has a nice laid back feel about it and is something of a cross between a lounge and coffee shop. The first thing that tells you this place is a little hi-fi is the i-Pads which show you the menu. They have a decent spread of the continental menu and the portions seemed ok as far as I was concerned. I ordered a thin crust pizza and my wife ordered a burger. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that Hoegaarden was available here. The food was good and the service was good as well. The prices are definitely on the higher side when it comes to other restaurants in Kolkata. I will not say I will go back but on the other hand I'm not in a hurry to do that as well.

• Visited January 2013
Kolkata
“Good continental fare: but definitely overpriced!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Located off Park Street, you might want to give this place a miss as from outside is not much to look at! I went in to dine on a weekday at around 8-ish. Though there were tables free in the ground floor, the waiters ushered us to section above. It was empty and dimly sit and the ceiling is so low that an average height individual had to crawl in to get to the table. My husband is a little over 6 feet , so you can imagine the horrible first impression you get in a fine dining restaurant. We felt almost claustrophobic out there. Anyway, we requested the manager for a seat below and it was promptly changed. The menu come in i-pads though we ordered off Christmas Special pamphlet on the table - Turkey Roast. The roast was fine and the portion size did make you feel it was indeed a fine dining restaurant! ;-) However I was surprised for the price they were charging they did not have complimentary breadrolls or breadrolls in the menu as a matter of fact! We ordered a ordered a portion of garlic bread which was absolutely delicious!! However, the brusell sprouts in the roast had a very bitter taste and it was sad to see that the batch was not tested or care was not taken to take out the harsh taste.

Final verdict: Go there if you are tired of the available continental options in Park Street and you have good money to spend! :)

• Visited December 2012