“A little overhyped!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Had a dinner meal with the newly selected students from campus and while good, the previous evening spent at Dum Pukht left us feeling a little shortchanged. We did order the famous Dal Makhani and the Sikandari Raan and both were really well cooked. The Naan for the table was a little weak though. Overall very good for the price.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

its perfect cause its ITC. Awesome Black daal, and the kebab platter would make you go flat. big chicken chunks you would have a mouthful.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Being organized specially here can cost you, wait till the tale begins. So we called up the restaurant a day before to reserve a table for us . To our dismay, we were told to contact the festivity desk as we were supposed to pay an advance in cash for a restaurant reservation. That was an afterthought that how do they expect a customer to make two visits to the restaurant for one meal. On asking the reason we got was that it was to organize the festivity rush. My God, but the things that have been done to you lot in the name of hospitality! And which you then paid for.

Never ever had we heard of something like this. ITC hotels is known for good service and food and experience had been amazing at all locations except Kolkata.
When we walked into the restaurant we found that it wasn’t that crowded than it was projected ( stampede sort of, hence they were charging us the advance)

Many of us have recognized that a bad experience in a restaurant is not always the fault of the place itself. We loved the food which was a given for Peshawari . The long, traditional menu confirmed the consistency. Courses came and went with unctuous organization. ‘The Iconic Raan’ and Bukhara daal were as usual splendid. Imagine how some little things can ruin the entire experience. I am not very clear on the rules of reconciliation on Peshawari ( ITC Kolkata only!) but for sure will avoid Kolkata one and will continue to revisit the other ones across other locations.

1  Thank LaughingBuddhu
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Let me start by saying , that may be my experience was a bit dampened because I visited on dry day ...
However I was really disappointed by my visit to Peshawari ( my first visit). The restaurant was not crowded still the service was sloppy. The waiter forgot our drink ( soft drink!) orders. The food was also just about average .. it was good, but not exceptional. I ordered a non veg platter and got the exact opposite of what I was told I would get in the platter... nobody in the restaurant bothers to keep an eye contact with the guest to be able to quickly react to their needs... looks like the place needs better management

Overall, one could accept average performance if one is paying average prices... but at ITC these slip-ups are just not acceptable. I was with some guests, else would have definitely shared my opinion then an there with the staff

1  Thank SanD1706
ITCSONAR, Hotel Management at Peshawri, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear valued reviewer,

Warm Greetings from ITC Sonar, Kolkata!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. We have noted your feedback with great concern and the same has also been appropriately addressed. We regret your experience as reported in your review and assure you that the services experienced by you are not representative of our standards.

We truly value your patronage. On behalf of the ITC Sonar family, we look forward to welcoming you back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the near future

Warmest regards

Hotel Management

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I visit this restaurant each time i am in Kolkata - once a quarter atleast. Food is usually first class always. Last visit however, the chicken Murgh was just not right and despite them getting a fresh one, there was something missing.
The manager who usaly serves us had moved to another restaurant but I was told the chef is the same......none the less was not at its usual best. What a shame......

1  Thank Frankview
ITCSONAR, Hotel Management at Peshawri, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear valued reviewer

Greetings from ITC Sonar, Kolkata.

We regret not having met your expectations. We at ITC Sonar strive to bring the best in food & hospitality to our guests & request you to treat your last experience at Peshawri as an aberration. We would like to invite you to the restaurant to give us an opportunity to reinstate our credibility. We look forward to having you with us at ITC Sonar, again soon.

Warm regards