“Overpriced !!!”
Review of Oh! Calcutta

Oh! Calcutta
Ranked #58 of 4,286 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We wanted to taste authentic Bengali food when we landed in Kolkata this January. We browsed through internet and selected this restaurant. It's located at the top floor of Forum mall. The ambiance was good. Some old Bengali Books were available in the rack. On the recommendation of the waiter we ordered "Bengali style Hilsa/Ilish fish curry". But the taste was horrible. I found it very difficult to finish it. And it was too costly too throw away. May be the Bengali-style cooking didn't suit us. The price of this restaurant is too high for Indians if you compare it with other famous restaurants like "Paradise" in Hyderabad. Here, in "Oh! Calcutta", you have to spend at least 1000/- per person. Still, they can't provide a glass of mineral water for free. And the waiter really turned me off. Even after getting our order placed, he was coming back to us again and again asking the same question: "What else do you need, Sir?" If you take it as friendly gesture, go for it...

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We are regular patrons of Oh Calcutta in Mumbai. It brings back fond memories of our days in Calcutta both with its décor and its food which is authentic Bengali. Fluffy 'Luchis' and great 'mangsho'. Also a good Railway curry.
Prices that won't set you back either.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Let me start by saying that we have been old faithfuls as far as Oh Calcutta! is concerned.Being Delhites we are spoiled for choice as far as fine dining options are concerned.Yet ever since Oh Calcutta opened in Delhi its been our favourite place,be it for weekend dining,special occasions,treating guests including my husband's foreign colleagues.And this place has never let us down.The food is spectacular but more than that it is the warmth of their service and the personal touch.During Durga puja they have delivered complimentary rossogollas at our residence, a testimony to the relationship we share.
During my visit to Calcutta in Jan 2014 I wished to visit my favourite place and treat my close family members. When I called to make a reservation(8 Jan dinner)the person on the phone recognised me by the sound of my voice.He has been transfered to Calcutta from Delhi. We were a group of 5, 3 adults and 2 children(aged 15 and 6).On entering at 7.30pm the person who had made the reservation warmly welcomed us and since we opted for a set buffet meal said that FOUR of us will be charged(the child will be free).Throughout the meal the manager (don't know his name,a small man) kept hovering around with an unsmiling face. Somehow we were not made to feel welcome by him.This is such a huge departure from the usual staff demeanour of Oh Calcutta! hotel managers like Mr Biswas.When the bill came we were shocked to see that my 6 year old niece had been Fully charged.When we tried to clarify this point the grumpy looking manager was most impolite. We paid the full amount and left the place , for the first time been terribly let down by Mr Chatterjee's otherwise impeccably behaved staff. We were not asking for any favour.The restaurant manager went back on his word. The poor guy who had made the booking was nowhere to be seen, surely he was feeling bad for his manager's unprofessional behaviour! This is not expected from our favourite restaurant!

1  Thank MKUMARNewDelhi
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Slightly pricier, but definitely the place to have the authentic Bengali flavors. Try Nalen gurer Ice Cream and special hilsa dishes. Loved it.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Amazing ... just amazing ... smoked hilsa boneless, bhetki paturi, vaja mug daal, dhoka, mutton kasha bengali style what is not there ?? Excellent hospitality, great food taste and authentic bengali style ... as the name says ... its really Ohhh Calcutta. I will come again and again.