The Swissotel was wonderfully relaxing after our exciting tour of Sikkim and Darjeeling. We originally intended to stay here 1 night to catch an early morning connecting flight, but ended up staying 2 nights because we missed our flight (our fault). We stayed in Room 801 which is a 1 bedroom suite. The hotel is much more luxurious than swissotels elsewhere, the bathroom even had a TV. There is a decent mall with a walkway to the hotel. An expansive buffet breakfast with too many choices was actually the reason we missed our flight on the first day. The fitness center and infinity pool were well maintained.
We did not expect much from this hotel since we were only looking for a comfy bed close to the airport, but it far exceeded our expectations. The hotel may however not be an optimal location for exploring Kolkata.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissôtel Kolkata is one of the most luxurious addresses in the city of Kolkata which offers well-appointed leisure and business facilities. Boasting an under-one-roof concept, Swissôtel Kolkata has 147 contemporary guest rooms and luxury suites with spectacular Jacuzzis, four restaurants and bars, a fitness centre, a rooftop swimming pool, and over 1261 square meters of meeting space with the largest pillarless banquet in the city. The hotel is part of a new urban development with an attached mall featuring shops, restaurants and a multiplex cinema. Located in Rajarhat beside the IT hub, the hotel offers a distinct mix of leisure and business facilities, and is noted for its unique offering of Swiss hospitality and attention to detail. The award-winning rooftop Sky Lounge is the jewel of the hotel's three restaurants and bar, offering views over the city. An in-house nightclub with resident DJ attracts hip locals and guests alike. The sumptuous breakfast buffet offers a wide range of choices to energise your day.The business centre and two meeting rooms more than cover all your business needs. Over 1000 guests can be accommodated in cocktail/reception style in Bern, the largest pillar-free banqueting facility - and a team of event planners is on hand to help you hold the perfect wedding at Swissotel Kolkata. Swissotel Kolkata's alpine-inspired Purovel Sport offers you an exclusive ambiance in which to continue your exercise routine, with a fully equipped gym and a breathtaking infinity swimming pool on the roof.The hotel has separate smoking and non-smoking floors, there is free internet throughout except in the banquet areas, and secure parking is also available for your vehicle during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Swissotel Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Swissotel Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia