“More exciting way to see the town is by motorbike!”
Review of Calcutta Walks

Calcutta Walks
Ranked #2 of 38 Tours in Kolkata (Calcutta)
More attraction details
Owner description: Calcutta Walks, the original walking and special interest tours operator of Kolkata. We're active on email 24 x 7 x 365 and our explorers will go out of their way to ensure you have an unforgettable experience of this crazy city. Do claim your free Calcutta tourist map on the walk.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“More exciting way to see the town is by motorbike!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have lived in & travelled to many cities across India, have attended a couple of bicycle tours but this was my 1st experience to have a tour by a fast and cool bike! Why I recommend Tour by bike: (1) thrilling and rocking rider experience by Royal enfield (2) you can cover the overall Calcutta city at a glance in a short limited time (and you won't get exhausted as you are on back :) ) (3) most importantly, you can capture a grand panoramic view of the city while running from the core traffic roads without car window frame. The guide is very informative and will customize the ride path according to what you are interested to see. Since I was alone in this tour, the driver cum guide Prasenjit became a good company for me to try out some adventures such as famous sweets tasting, walking into a depth of local colony or chaos of the busy bazaar which are difficult for a single tourist. Thank you soo much for the memorable experience & I simply love this city <3 <3

Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
leeds
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Thoroughly recommended even for Calcuttans”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We took the Confluence of Cultures walk with Ritwick on a rainy July morning. We have grown up in the city and have spent years studying and staying in a college a stone's throw away. We discovered monasteries, temples, barracks and bazaars steeped in history in places we had walked by numerous times. We sat chatting with Chinese chefs in the Chinese temple and exchanged stories of bygone days; we mixed with the hustle and bustle of Canning Street and spent quiet moments of reflection in the synagogues and churches. An experience not to be missed, especially for Calcuttans. Ritwick asked us at the end whether the walk had made us fall in love with the city again... it certainly did, Ritwick! We will be back for more.

Visited July 2013
Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A wonderful tour in a remarkable city”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

What's the best way for a woman traveling alone to see the sights and glean insider's knowledge of this vibrant?
Why, by booking a tour with Calcutta Walks! I actually found it difficult to choose which walk to take, as they offer several tempting tours, but luckily Ifde,the charming and resourceful owner of Calcutta Walks, solved the dilemma by suggesting a motorbike tour, perfect for a solo traveler! If you like sitting on the back of a bike, it's the ideal way to see a great cross section of Kolkata. We zoomed along the river, and Ifde pointed out significant buildings and landmarks. We sample the tastes of the city as we stopped for jalebis and chai and shondesh. I learned much about this city's important history and culture. Armed with my newfound knowledge, I was able to retrace parts of the tour over the next couple of days, and enjoyed another afternoon walking around Kumortuli and the riverfront. Ifde's enthusiasm for his hometown is contagious, and Kolkata ended up being my favorite stop on my trip to India, thanks to Calcutta Walks!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank MZMac
Hyderabad, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best way to really explore the city”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had spent the previous day walking the city on my own. That was an educational adventure in and of itself but having a real, knowledgeable guide was a far better experience. We wandered through parts of the city I would have never thought about visiting and it was well worth it. History, architecture, and interesting people. A great value.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Te_Jota_33
philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“adding an extra charm to the city!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

i belong to calcutta, but had not witnessed things which the calcutta walks made me see. each walk is designed is designed so thoughtfully.i loved every bit of it. ifte really comes up with fun trivias which is really enlightening.
thanks to calcutta walks i have learnt a lot about my city!

Visited December 2012