“Calcutta, the beautiful”
Review of Calcutta Walks

Calcutta Walks
Ranked #2 of 41 Tours in Kolkata (Calcutta)
More attraction details
Owner description: Calcutta Walks, the original walking and special interest tours operator of Kolkata. We're active on email 24 x 7 x 365 and our explorers will go out of their way to ensure you have an unforgettable experience of this crazy city. Do claim your free Calcutta tourist map on the walk.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

When I first visited Calcutta, I had a more negative impression of the city than a positive one. After touring with Ifte from Calcutta Walks, my view of Calcutta completely changed. It was extremely refreshing to be on a tour where the guide intensely loved the city, but was also very knowledgable and friendly. I love keeping up with Calcutta Walks on my social networks because I truly enjoyed my time with them and I wish them lots of success. I would HIGHLY recommend Calcutta Walks...you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank ElyseRenee
iftekharahsan, Manager at Calcutta Walks, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Thank you dear for reviewing and for following us on our social networks.
It is the chief source of all our pleasures to hear that we managed to change a perception of the city for a visitor. Calcutta has been much maligned and suffers from the lack of a cosmetic layer. On our tours our endeavour is always to show you beyond the grimy upper layers to reveal a city with a heart of gold.

Kind regards,
Ifte

There are newer reviews for Calcutta Walks

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I went on the confluence if cultures tour. The guide, Rithwick, was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I had a great time. A great way to get acquainted with the cultural heritage of the city!

iftekharahsan, Manager at Calcutta Walks, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed the Confluence Of Cultures Walk. It's one of our most popular tours. We hope to have you on many more tours in future.

Ifte

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Loved our half-day walk through the Babu's neighborhoods with Rithwick. We have two children (12 and 8) and they really enjoyed it as well. Highly recommended!

iftekharahsan, Manager at Calcutta Walks, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you dear. Your positive and encouraging review is much appreciated.
Explorer Ifte
+919830184030

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I did a combination walk (Confluence of Cultures) and city tour with our guide, Ritwick. We loved walking through the backstreets early in the morning, chatting to some of the locals and learning about the culture and history. We covered a lot of ground, seeing all sorts of churches, temples, synagogues etc, College Street, the river (we saw a dolphin !), sampling local food at a great little shop in old Calcutta, checking out the clay sculpture street, College Street, the Coffee House, Park Street Cemetery (marvellous) and Park Street. Unfortunately, I had a terrible cold and had to call it a day in the early afternoon. However, this was a fantastic way to see some of Kolkata and I would recommedn it to anyone. I have been to Kolkatta twice now as a tourist and its worth a detour from the major tourist haunts.

1  Thank Allcorners

Thank you for your kind review. Explorer Ritwick really rocks the show. :-)
Explorer Ifte
+919830184030

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had four days in Kokata in November 2012, and after going about on our own for a few days, we went on the Confluence of Cultures tour with Ritwick as our guide. We very much enjoyed the tour and saw more in few hours with Ritwick than we would have seen on our own. We enjoyed it so much that we went back for a car tour later that afternoon to go to Marble Palace, Sovabazaar, Rabindranath Tagore house, a couple of historic homes, Dalhousie Square. On the Confluence of Cultures tour we were introduced to the myriad of (sometimes dwindling) cultures like Chinese, Buddhist, Anglo-Indian, Parsi, Zoroastrian, Jewish, Moslim and Portuguese cultures living in Kolkata today. On the car tour, since it was right before Kali Puja, we were treated to the amazing sight of craftsmen constructing huge, colourful Kali statues for the pandals. Ritwick went out of his way to cram as much of Kolkata as he could into our tour, and was forced to stop only because night fell and we couldn't see anymore! We highly recommend taking as many tours as you can during your stay in Kolkata.

1  Thank eramakri