“awesome place for starters”
Review of Barbeque Nation

Barbeque Nation
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The starters come thick and fast on your plate and on your table grill, and the choice of condiments to go along the starters is also quite nice. I wish they served more pickled onions to go with the kebabs. while the non-veg starters are soft, succulent ans tasty, the veg starters are nice too. especially the mushroom and potatoes. similar spices are probably used in the non veg starters. they could do with a little variety.

the kebabs keep coming until you ask the waiter to stop and the service is very good. a tad too good perhaps. because they repeatedly asked me and my friend whether the taste was okay, whether it was too spicy. when you have your mouth filled with succulent meat, chewing away with your eyes closed, almost touching nirvana, you don't want to be pulled down to earth to speak with muggles... in short i found it a little bothering having to answer their queries about three times while eating the starters.

the buffet spread is interesting, with lovely options for vegetarians as well. excellent spread of salads. the lemon tart in the dessert selection is quite dry. the hot gulab jamun is a hit.

all in all great place for starters. and decent enough place for main meal and dessert. oh, and don't miss the saunf!

There are newer reviews for Barbeque Nation

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food was OK.. Nothing great, most preparations were heavily indianised and tasted the same ... the prices were unreasonable , the desserts menu was extremely limited and the brownies a tad too dry .. avoid avoid..

1  Thank thebigfoodie
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I visited Barbeque Nations at Salt Lake Sector V , Kolkata for more than 3 times and found it was the amazing place with good food, music with great service.This place is undoubtably one of the best joint to enjoy Tandoor/BBQ dishes in Kolkata & for Buffet option available in this city.This place is famous for its innovative starters...and that's also unlimited...when you are done with the starters then surrender by just put down the flag...rule of the place. Found a bit costly for regular visit but atleast must visit with family & friends for both veg & non veg in kolkata in special occasions.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

This was my sixth visit to this place. I have been here with my family, my gf, my friends. Everytime my verdict has been same..... Just Brilliant...... The range of starters you get is just unbelievable. Both veg & non-veg starters are equally excellent. Special mention for Barbeque Gobi, sweet corn roasts, sweet potato roasts, chicken tengri kabab, iranian roasted murg amongst others. The service is also best in the class. They will continue serving you in grills & in plate till you say no. And all of these with a smile... always.
After you gobbled up all the starters, you'll go for the grand buffet. The widespread choice of soup, salads, biriyanis and both veg & nonveg items are excellent. Special mention for the Methi Gosht....never had such a beautiful mutton preparation anywhere else.
After all these, when your stomach is overflowing with food, you'll understand the wide choice of desserts are still left. Don't miss them....at any cost. My advice- have very little main course, and keep space in your stomach for the desserts. The platter of hot gulab jamun is just brilliant.
The price has gone up with time, but their service & quality has not deterred. They are also the only I've been where the waiters return their tips happily, as it's already included in the bill.
Overall you'll come out after a sumptuous meal with a big smile in your face & a belly full of barbeques......

4  Thank bodhi_nino
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Hello there,

Visited the barbeque nation of Calcutta after half a year almost.
My last visit was few months when I'd come with a very dear friend of mine when we were in town and two of her friends.
What can I say, you guys never fail to meet my expectations...
This time, frankly, you 'exceeded my expectations'.
I was there to celebrate my friend Prateek Dutta's birthday on 13th dec 2013 lunch
Mr Nazrul was our server. You're an absolute delight bro. I asked him discreetly whether he could organize something for the birthday celebrations. Pat him on his back when you do your briefings prior to the next shift from me will you?
Not only did he get a cake, but also a photo greeting card which had our pic printed and ready within less than 5 mins.
Whoever came up with that idea, sheer brilliance!!!
A massive thanks to Mr Mrinal. Very helpful F&B captain too. He always was quite watchful and personally assured me he'll ensure the day is made special.
Sankha. Brilliant host. He's got the most welcoming rasgulla smile. A great prerequisite for a host and he's effective too. Got us a table within 5 mins on a busy day and also retained the card when we accidentally forgot it and gave it to us when we came to get it back.
The only issue, and I just say this as a constructive criticism, is that we ordered for two salted lime sodas and specifically mentioned it shouldn't be sweet. But two sweet lime sodas were served. The bar server was very apologetic and offered to get it changed right away. But it was ok, you guys are so awesome with the rest of the work that this seems but a minor glitch. (F.Y.I one free beer with your meal folks)
You guys do a fabulous job keep the buffet topped up and clean.lastly, the food production team for being the reason why I LOVE barbeque nation. Those starters are blow-the-roof-off-the-place amazing!!! The Irani chicken marinade was fab, the chili fish was nice and crispy, the dips as splendid as ever. Main course: loved the mutton biriyani, the mutton was just cooked to perfection, salad section was amazing, the dressings were nice. Desserts: loved the caramel pudding, chocolate gateaux and call me crazy, but you guys seem to read my mind with that hot gulab jamun induction top. Ice cream topped with hot gulab jamun is simple my customized favorite.
Keep the good work up. Your restaurant has evolved to be a trendsetter classics in India. I wish you all the luck to ensure you sustain that position.
I'll surely visit you soon.

Lastly, for all my friends reading this and contemplating visiting the restaurant.
If you haven't been here already, what are you waiting for?

Sambit Datta