“Worth a meal in the city for sure! ”
Review of 6 Ballygunge Place

6 Ballygunge Place
Reserve a Table
eazydiner
Ranked #17 of 4,576 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 6 Ballygunge Place is the flagship restaurant of Savourites Hospitality Pvt. Ltd. Till 2003, Kolkata did not have any specialty eatery worth the depth of Bengali cuisine. Savourites came with a unique blockbuster named after the address "6 Ballygunge Place". A specialty eatery serving Bengali cuisine was commissioned after thorough research into cookbooks of the Tagore Era. As they say 'the rest is history'. Today 6 Ballygunge Place is housed in an exclusive Rai Bahadur Bunglow, 100 years old and retained the Old World Charm in architecture and minimalist decor. Visit the place and savor the authentic Bengali Cuisine at its best.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is my first time in Kolkatta and ever since I’ve got here I’ve been craving some hard core Bong food!
My colleague suggested this place as he’s previously been here.
If you have a couple of days in Calcutta, you must have at least one meal here.
We had dinner there today. It was three of us and we ordered quite a few dishes as we wanted to sample almost everything on the menu
We called for Aloo Jinga Posto, Begun Basanti (this is the strangest kind of Brinjal dish I’ve ever had... but strange in a good yummy kind of a way), Boneless Bhapa Hilsa (this is fish and pretty yummy), Dab Chingri (this was yummy prawn in this creamy mustard sauce served inside a coconut shell), fish fry (very simple but yummy nonetheless - served with in house mustard), Jhur Jhure aloo Bhaja, Kachalanka Dhonepata murgi (this was chicken in a mix of spices.. honestly this was the least impressive dish of the day for me), moong mohan (this was a yellow dal.. can be skipped), and we clubbed all of the above with steamed rice (as that’s what our server suggested). I originally wanted to order a lucchi (kind of like a puri) but since the waiter advised against it I ended up not ordering. But I feel that combination would’ve been a better idea.
For dessert we called for Jaggery ice cream. As weird as that sounds, the ice cream was quite yum! You should try!
All of this food and we paid about 4140 INR which is not bad.
The overall decor is quite cute.
Am attaching a few pictures for you to get a better idea.
Enjoy your meal here!

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Salt Lake City restaurant which has a very nice ambiance, space problem is there which should be taken care of.Reasonably priced and services are also very good.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

small and get together with the business partner give the party on the success of this order and the food will be great and taste the awesome

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You have both buffet as well as al a carte option. An old building has been converted into a restuarant. Comfortable sitting arrangements ,well decorated rooms will catch your attention.I have gone there with my family for lunch for a number of times.We preferred buffet.They offer varieties of item to select.We started with Luchi & alu dam.Then tasted kaju kismis polau,fish fry,chingri,bhetki paturi,mangsho,moong dal,begun bhaja and plain rice.All items are well cooked & less spicy.As sweet fish we opted for misti doi & sandesh. Nice experience.Those who prefer authentic Bengali food,this is best one.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the best restaurant for trying superb and authentic Bengali snacks and meals. Their every dish has a stamp of class and they serve genuine Bengali dishes of superb taste. Their prices are reasonable and service is excellent.
Amolak Rattan Kohli