“Delicious Bengali Food in Town”
Review of 6 Ballygunge Place

6 Ballygunge Place
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: 6 Ballygunge Place is the flagship restaurant of Savourites Hospitality Pvt. Ltd. Till 2003, Kolkata did not have any specialty eatery worth the depth of Bengali cuisine. Savourites came with a unique blockbuster named after the address "6 Ballygunge Place". A specialty eatery serving Bengali cuisine was commissioned after thorough research into cookbooks of the Tagore Era. As they say 'the rest is history'. Today 6 Ballygunge Place is housed in an exclusive Rai Bahadur Bunglow, 100 years old and retained the Old World Charm in architecture and minimalist decor. Visit the place and savor the authentic Bengali Cuisine at its best.
Siliguri, India
“Delicious Bengali Food in Town”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I live in Siliguri but whenever I am in Kolkata , I make it a point to take my Lunch at 6 Ballygunge Place with my friends inspite of my busy schedule . All the items like Sukto , Kancha Muger Daal , Patal Korma , Bhapa Ilish , Tangra Machher Jhol , Kasha Mangsho , Aam Satter chatney , Nalen Gurer Ice Cream were delicious . Prices are very much on the higher side but its value for money .

Bengaluru, India
“very good bengali food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Took my audit team to this rest. very good food and service. price is a little high as it is not fine dining. kosha mangsho was very good. everyone liked it. and of course the authentic aloo luchi with daler dhokna.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Authentic Bengali Food at its Best”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We live in Sydney and visit Kolkata once every 2 years or so. During my last visit, my parents took us to 6 Ballygunj Place for dinner and it was one of the best Bengali Meals we have ever had. The Daab Chingdi was awesome and so was the Ilish preparation. The dishes were adequately prices (not too high and not too cheap too). If you are not a Bengali Food lover, don't visit this place but if you love Bengali food, this is the place for your taste buds.

• Visited July 2012
New Delhi, India
“Authentic Begali Cuisine”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Anyone visiting Kolakata & specially if not Bengali & a Fish Lovers, it is a must visit for them. We are from Delhi(Begali) & went on official tour to Kolkata. My cousins had advised me to surely visit here & U know it is simply owesome. First day we ordered for Bhapa Ilish, Kosha Mangsho, Badshahi Polao, Aamshotto Chatney & nolen Gur Icecream. And u know each & every item was superb, very authentic & most delicious. Even though it was not season of Khejur Gurh, the Gurh icecream was out of the World. We planned for a 2nd visit & tried the Buffet. what I observed the Buffet items are almost similar every day but my God!!! Your stoch will say NO! but your toungue mange more, more & more. From Luchi to Sweet Dish, at the end of the meal u will go flat on the chair & so full a stomack, feel like having a nap there itself. I shall recommend all my friends & relatives in Delhi for a must visit. The srvice is awesome, the ambiance is very artistic & rich.

Toronto, Canada
“Awesome Bengali dining experience .............”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place is "a must" now when I visit Calcutta with my husband - the ambiance, service, food is truly exceptional. It is a large old "house" - on a corner in a really good neighborhood - that has been converted into a restaurant; hence it has that charming personal "feel" that you get when entering someone's "home". This feeling extends to the amazing service - attentive, courteous and always ready to suggest and explain menu items - without "crowding" your space. My husband always gets his beloved "Hilsa" fish dish which is not available to us here in Toronto and I love the luxurious dhal dish that has delicate pieces of tomato and prawns in it. This dish I always try to "copy" when I get back home to my own kitchen. I hope this place will remain "as is" for many years to come...........

• Visited November 2012