IndiSmart Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Taj Bengal Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$142
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$90
Swissotel Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$76
Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$121
$88
Agoda.com
The Oberoi Grand(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$160
$127
Oberoi Hotels
  • Pool
The Park Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$153
$93
  • Breakfast included
The Peerless Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$85
$69
Agoda.com
Radisson Kolkata Ballygunge(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$101
$88
Sapphire Suites(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$49
$166
$72
  • Pool
All reviewssalt lakehotel managementofficial tripwifi servicehigher floorbuffet breakfast isdecent hotelroom was spacioushotel is locatedchecking outhousekeeping staffcomfortable staysectorhubairportintercomconnectivity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Depending on the Amount you shell out to stay in a superior room , the facilities provided are worst . I stayed in total for 5 nights and changed my room thrice.... Below par small room , average type housekeeping material , WiFi / internet is worst no dedicated connection , Breakfast is just OK . Proper GYM facilities aren't available....... Only thing which I liked is FOOD , its good....

They tried to fix everything but couldn't get it done.... I am bit disappointed with the hotel since they have excellent location , their is lot of room to improve...

Not recommended to stay here , until and unless you have work in nearby offices

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sherry220
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed in Indismart in the month of Aug'13, its good however i found it bit expensive compared to the services offered. I loved the food served there specially sarso betki. Rooms were congested and housekeeping needs improvement. Overall an average stay at Indismart Kolkata

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the IndiSmart Hotel in Kolkata twice over the last 3 months (first in June 2013, then on 2nd and 3rd September 2013). My experience has been the same both the times.

Location: The hotel is in the Electronic Complex of Sector V, Salt Lake. It is very close to most IT companies like Wipro etc., and is about 3-5 KM from the New Town area where most of the new offices are coming up. The location is slightly on the inside, and it takes some time to find your way back in case you are returning from work at night.

Accommodation: The room allocated to me both the times had the same problem: it smelled of old moisture and boric acid. For a couple of minutes of I thought I had entered a badly maintained toilet! But both times they used room freshner and then the smell was tolerable, or maybe I got used to it! The rooms are not very big, about 15' x 15 x, with an attached toilet and bath, and a good wardrobe to hang your clothes etc. There is an electric kettle and the usual tea/coffee sachets. The room also has a fridge, but without any stock. The bathroom fixtures are OK, nothing great to write about.

Service: The service is pretty good. I had ordered dinner both nights, and it was served in approximately 15 mins each time.The food was kind of OK, and the quantities are decent when the price is taken into consideration.

Restaurants: The hotel has one restaurant XSpice, which also doubles up as the bar. Every morning, breakfast is served from 730 AM to 1030 AM. The breakfast has a collection of north and south Indian dishes, breads, flakes, coffee and tea etc. There is also a live dosa and omelette counter. The chef makes a decent omelette!

Overall, I would rate this hotel 3/5, and the only reason for the 3 is the musty smell that seems to permeate the hotel. If they can work on that and get rid of it, it would surely deserve a much better rating.

Room Tip: If you get the musty smell or a rank smell as soon as you enter the room, ask for a better room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Meghdoot1107
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had a Great Stay at this hotel. My flight arrived late to Kolkata and the Car from the hotel was waiting for me at the airport with a sign that read my name and a warm smile, very professional. The Hotel staff constantly looked for ways to make my time there more enjoyable. I brought in food from outside to the hotel and the hotel chef prepared for me the same dish, off the menu, complimentary, Amazing!! The hotel Gym made my late night workouts doable. The reliable high speed Wifi allowed me to work in the hotel. My stay was Pleasent, it was Comfortable, Service was Great. I just had Good Time all the way around. This is where I always plan to stay while visiting Kolkata.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor, the view had a Tokyo feel to it like I was in the film "Lost in Translation" shot in Tokyo, it was good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ChicagoGuy30
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. However the first room I got (601) was smelling very musty. After complaining It took them hardly five minutes to move me to another room (524) ad that was including my bagage. Good service. This hotel needs renovation; especially the plummery. That also caused the smell: moisture. Security on all floors, coffee shop in the house, good restaurant and very complete breakfast. Housekeeping always there when you needed it and 24 hours room service with a smile. They started constructing a new building next to the hotel. That may cause some noice in the near future, but didn't bother me. The hotel is also very well situated. Near Technical City and not far from the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the other site from the construction place next to the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business