Located very close to Park Street, the hotel is an island of quiet in the city.
The location makes it easy to walk & explore the area, and to try eating joints like Mocambo.
Check-in/Check-out is always quick & efficient (although we did miss Cassandra on our last stay).
Pleasing lobby, cheerful decor in the well-lit corridors.
Comfortable sized rooms with all mod-cons (no fan or reading light though).
Bathroom had a traditional look with dark marble; very good quality supplies & a hair dryer.
Safe available in the room ; mini-bar was well stocked and reasonably priced.
Gym on the 2nd floor is very well equipped, windows on 3 sides make it quite bright & sunny, besides giving a view of lots of greenery.
The trainer was very attentive and helpful with several tips to tweak my exercise regimen.
I made good use of the bar coupons provided (the bar is in the 'heritage wing'); the barman gave efficient & non-intrusive service (especially if one sits at the bar). Space was lively with chatter and music.
Spread for Dinner & Breakfast is extensive; food was uniformly tasty and well presented.
The low level of noise in the restaurant aided conversation and made for an enjoyable meal.
However, these meals were outdone by our conference lunch as far as taste was concerned (I particularly liked the Grilled Fish in lemon butter sauce).
Our banquet arrangements were handled well; billing was quick.
We found the staff uniformly keen to make our stay enjoyable.
Have been going back as a result (this must be my 9th or 10th visit at least).
Would happily recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kenilworth Kolkata is a 4-star luxury hotel located in the heart of the city. This family managed hotel goes back to the grand days of British Raj and, to this day, has an unmistakable colonial look and feel to it. The hotel comprises of exclusively decorated rooms and suites fully equipped with modern amenities. The in-house restaurants and banquet services cater to all tastes with their delectable range of local and international cuisines. The Big Ben relives the colonial days of Kolkata and is the city's only authentic British bar. Enjoy princely ambiance at the Marble Room serving traditional Indian fare. While Aromas is the hotel's multi-cuisine coffee shop. The hotel also has a host of energizing spa and salon facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia