TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
A Well Spent One Day Tour

I was travelling through Kolkata with a group of 11 people, mostly students. We turned to... read more

Reviewed today
Trip818086
Vimodrone, Italy
Bonedibari walks!!

When the chance came to do a bonedibari pujo dorshan, I grabbed it with both hands. And what a... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
farmeroakgivesup
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
via mobile

All reviews heritage walk walking tour durga puja hidden history a real eye opener in depth knowledge excellent tour glorious past rich heritage lots of fun food walk flower market visiting kolkata street food arora faith anecdotes
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2019

The experience of this tour was amazing! Navpreet is an excellent guide and she is able to let you visit Kolkata in an extraordinary way!
Kolkata is a very crowded city but her organization, her passion and her knowledge can make you appreciate every aspect of this beautiful city.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 7, 2019

Today me and my friends had the privilege to be showed around some of the most beautiful parts of Kolkata. The tour is very diversified and well planned. You got to see many different things, from those parts of Kolkata that still bear the marks of colonialism, to those which have kept a refined and unique cultural legacy.
The guide, Navpreet, is an exquisitely knowledgeble person, who will introduce you to the least welll know parts of the city. You definitely don't get such an experience with a basic guide. Absolutely recommended if you want to know the city from a unique point of view.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

Our tour guide Preethi was energetic despite the 38degree Kolkata heat. Despite visiting Kolkata frequently, I learned facts about new sites during my tour. She is really knowledgeable and passionate about sharing the lesser-known wonders of Kolkata. I would recommend intrepid travelers in search of Kolkata’s hidden gems to signup for this tour!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 3, 2019

I had been to Kumartulli earlier with photo-enthusiast friends and all we focused on was making of the idols. Exploring the same neighbourhood as a walking tour with Fun on Streets/ Navpreet Arora, was like experiencing a place I have never been to. Her knowledge about every aspect of Kumartulli and neighbourhood, as well as her narration were outstanding. She made us ‘experience’ and not just ‘see’. History, architecture, art, traditions, food, culture - she had in-depth knowledge about aspects of Kumartulli neighbourhood, answering every question patiently. Looking forward to explore more of Calcutta with Fun on Streets and Navpreet!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

I go to Kolkata several times a year. However, this trip was most memorable as I saw old Calcutta with a person you has the history and the connected remains of the heritage at the back of her hands. Hope to again see a new part of Kolkata again with her very soon. I will be taking more friends with me now. I am 100 percent sure, they will also love the experience as I have.

Date of experience: June 2019