“Excellent for Biriani and Chicken Chap”
Review of Aminia

Aminia
Ranked #109 of 4,233 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This restaurant situated at Esplanade of Kolkata. The preparation are very tastey. Biriyani , chiken chap and Resala are the favorite for me in this restaurant. I really the foods but sometimes it is so crowdy so take some times for table . But to take the taste of food waiting in a que is not a matter. Prices are also resonable according to food , also service is ok. I was a frequent customer of this restaurant . In my younger age When I first met my wife Ruma I made my Dinner Here and this is nice memory to me.

There are newer reviews for Aminia

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Aminia is quite an old restaurant of the location near the new market, kolkata. It is a good place to have kebabs and mughlai food. The price is reasonable and the waiting time is around 10 mins on an average. It has a take away counter too. Ambiance doesnt come into much consideration as it is an open door kind, no ac, but the fans are pretty capable! Worth visiting for a quick snack!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had been having food at Amenia since our colllege days but because of paucity of Funds could not eat there often enough.Later we say that as ttha decor improved the food deteorated so much so that is just decor but food in comparison to earlier days was RUBBISH.!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was taken here by some family friends who work in the city and I really enjoyed it. First walking into their AC, fan covered backroom was so refreshing in contrast with the blistering heat outside in Hogg Market. The food was really good and very reasonably priced. The biryani was tasty although the chicken used was not too good.

I would definitely recommend it.

If you do visit head to the AC area at the back of the restaurant.

1  Thank Joadify
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It is back and the best thing is that the food tastes exactly the same.... the biriyani really tastes authentic and good and is a very nice alternative to latest top gun Arsalan (for South Calcutta at least)..... the chaanp is unique in that it comes as one big piece (the actual meaning of the word chaanp !!)..... it tastes really good but is a tad too oily..... the chicken bharta is very nice and again a very very good alternative to the regular chaanp.... the best thing is that they deliver also......

1  Thank RRC_1976