“Nice place to stay”

Shila International Hotel
Ranked #117 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
India
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a stay in this hotel for two days. And it was a good experiance. Rooms are good but a little small. Bathrooms are very clean. Staff behaviour is also very good. They have a resturant. The quality of food is very good and reasonably priced. Centraly located. Overall a good budget place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Somraj S
shilainternational, Director of Sales at Shila International Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your kind appreciation . We are improving our services day by day. Mr. Syeed
(our F&B Manager) wants to say you thank you on behalf his team. We are hoping that, you
will visit us again.

Regards,
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was looking for a budget hotel in Kolkata for a week while I volunteered at Mother Teresa's Home for the Destitute and Dying. After checking Trip Advisor reviews, I chose this place and was not disappointed. I was very pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff at the hotel. My room was very comfortable and clean, attached bathroom and all. The A/C was very efficient along with a ceiling fan which provided much needed relief from the 100+ degree heat outside after either walking or riding the bus from Kalighat. The room was always cleaned before I got home with an ice cold 7-Up in the fridge. The restaurant was closed for renovation while I was there and so I took my meals in the room. The food was very good and the service was prompt. Each person who delivered my food and picked up my dishes were always very friendly and courteous. I would stay here again if I return to Kolkata.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PSCastello
shilainternational, Guest Relations Manager at Shila International Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I would like to thank you again for appreciating us at every aspect of ratio.

We are very greatful to you for giving us a chance for serving you.

Though we are having some limitations, we tried our our best effort to satisfy you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sonali
ranchi
Reviewed March 31, 2013

First of all I sincerely believe you get what you pay for, hence I will recommend this place to travelers on a budget of 2000-3000/night. Traveled to kolkata with my girlfriend in march 2013 to attend a conference and for sight-seeing.

Note- A lot of hotels in kolkata have problems in accommodating unmarried couples, so if you are an unmarried couple(even working professionals from decent background) you could face harrowing time in search for a hotel if your budget doesn't include 5-star properties.

But we didn't faced any kind of problem as I had already ensured that before checking in. The hotel is located in AJC BOSE road in front of the flyover, though the building is in dilapidated condition due to old construction you might face trouble in searching for it. We checked in early to attend the conference, again faced no problems and the staff was helpful. The rooms are small when compared to other hotels in the same price category and the smell of naphthalene balls can overpower you when you enter so be prepared for it. But the best part was the bathroom, which was absolutely neat and clean, which is generally an area of concern for many hotels in this category but not for shila Int. The staff is professional and very helpful. Coming to food, the hotel has a bar&restaurant attached to it and has roof-top restaurant though We had food in our room only. The menu is not extensive but is satisfactory, the prices are again fair and not overpriced when compared to other hotel (where their is a tendency of high mark-ups) and overall the food was also good. The best part here lies in the delivery, you don't have to wait after giving an order as they have a prompt service.The complimentary breakfast according to me was again fair and good, I didn't expected a buffet but just nice and simple breakfast which I got and you can choose from the menu. Finally the staff of the hotel was professional and helpful. They listened and acted on all the requests immediately.

Room Tip: 1) Every room has a mini fridge so beer lovers can have fun. 2) Don't take a room next to the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rian1989
Gurgaon
Reviewed March 16, 2013

location of the hotel was very good nearby the main areas of kolkata, staff was friendly Room was good, kitchen and cutlery hygiene was average,needs to be improved.
Otherwise a pleasant place to stay .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Ashish K
shilainternational, Director of Sales at Shila International Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your valuable comment. We are highly obliged and looking forward to serve you
in near future and we will provide our best service to you.

Regards,
Visakhapatnam
Reviewed March 15, 2013

it is absolutely wrong choice where it doesn't have any good ambiance to stay there. it is not even fir for 800 rupees. their service was rediculas

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Srinivasarao P

Travelers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for just one day in Standard Room. Will not recommend for a family who is on vacation.

Got my complimentary breakfast after 50 mins of ordering it. The hot milk that was brought to me was no way near to hot.

Pros
1. Good location with Birla Planetorium, St Paul's Cathedral and Haldiram's nearby.
2. Hygiene level was good.
3. Within small budget it is an OK hotel if you want to stay for a day or two.

Cons
1. Lot of Traffic noise inside the room.
2. Very ordinary room.
3. Poor Service

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank brahmabul
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review and we are extremely sorry for serving your order with delay . I would like to inform you that we have some rooms on road facing and others are inside .if guest want inside rooms we prefer them accordingly.Normally, we suggest guest to take a sup. del. room for family, a stnd. room is not at all fit for a family. Sir, we will try our level best to serve you in future and we will provide you a good room with good service and better ambiance.

Thanks & Regards,