“quality within affordable budget”
Review of Hotel Trimoorti

Hotel Trimoorti
Ranked #52 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 2nd jan to 6th jan 2013 with my parents. we had booked a suite and it was comfortable, spacious and very clean.The complimentary breakfast was great as we could chose from a lot of options and as for lunch and dinner there are some good places to eat nearby.(no restaurant attached with the hotel).But my parents faced some problem climbing up the stairs as there is no elevator in the hotel. The staff were a bit unresponsive but nothing off-putting. This is not the first time me and my family have travelled to kolkata though this was our first stay in this particular hotel and I consider this to be worth the money spent.

Room Tip: if your family consists of more than 2 adults then i would suggest you go for a suite instead of a d...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sunheri
There are newer reviews for Hotel Trimoorti

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed from 2nd jan 2013 to 5th jan 2013 , staff unresponsive to the need of the customer , argues for minor requirements and breakfast . The hotel doesnt have any kitchen but promises a lot only to catch customers. Better avoid it .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank delhi_IndiaPratul
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had booked a super deluxe room from 27th-31st dec.It was very spacious for a family with 2 kids.What i appreciate the most was 24hrs hot water.Breakfast was provided in the room and it was quite decent.Location was SUPERB and staffs were very helpful.There are a lot of eating options close to the hotel.Cream Centre is truly good ,Restaurant at Arya International was also nice( service is bit lousy at times) plus there is one Chinese/italian/continental just opposite to the hotel( though we did'nt try the food out there)and yes you can also try the food court at The Forum Mall.Bit tough to locate the hotel but no worries the staffs will guide you properly.Overall we are happy with our stay!!!

Room Tip: Go for the super deluxe room if travelling with kids
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SeemaAnu
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a Deluxe room which corresponded exactly to the photos and description given. We appreciated a lot the 24/h hot water in the bathroom and the water heater for the tea. Breakfast was served in the room, was good and you could chose different items.
Our room faced to the street and even if it's a small street, it was quite noisy during the day.
We were happy with our stay, only the staff at the reception desk could have been a little more friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eloc19
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at the Trimoorti for three nights during december. For a city central location it is great value, and a great base to explore the city. I was prefectly comfortable in what i considered very passable rooms. The staff i found to be very helpful, which included sorting a taxi for an early morning departure. I had read previous polarized reviews and consider that poor ones unjustified. If you want 5* Star accommodation then pay 5*Star prices. If not, the Trimoorti is good mid budget (even actually toward the cheaper end) place to stay. I would go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Very good hotel.
We stay only one night, and the day of our booking we arrive early, and the staff give us a ejecutive room for rest and fresh up.
In resume, clean, amicable, and locatated close to a mall.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

OK, trust me I am not exhagerating here. I booked this hotel through a travel site for 2 nights and had to literally run away after the first night only. I was on my travel (which I do very frequently across the country) for 3 days and my regular hotel in Kolkata was full so I had to make this arrangement. I took one of the best rooms in the hotel and here is what I had to tolerate:

- The AC in the room wasnt working properly and there was water leaking from the AC badly
- No service whatsoever. I had to argue with the hotel staff to get tea for a guest visiting me
- Food was from a roadside shop (obviously not even unpacked) they gave me the polythene bags as it is
- The staff is not courteous at all

Overall, I wont even call it a forgettable experience, I guess, this will ensure that no I dont pre-book my hotels that easily (especially on makemytrip, who claimed to give me money back if I dont get what I saw)

Sumit

Room Tip: Try not to be in a situation to chose this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business