We stayed in the hotel on return from Darjeeling. The hotel is 1 minute walking distance from the Museum and 5 minutes from the new market, lindsay street area. Getting metro, cabs and trams was never a problem. The rooms were okay-ish (we stayed on the ground floor rooms) - First we were provided with a small room ( we checked in early), however, on request, we were immediately provided with a better and bigger room. the ambiance of the hotel inside is really very good. It's completely based on a Buddhist theme, hence one would find statuettes, Buddhist signs and hymns everywhere. the chants are heard in the lobby through the sound system - but it's quite easy on the ears and feel very enchanted (Of course, it is a Spatel - as they say).
There is 24/7 hot water, however, the water sorts gave out a stink in my room - may the faucets were not good, as the accompanying families did not have any issues.
The beds were okay types - not very firm - 2 out of 3 beds in our rooms were not steady.
Food quality is good and reasonable. The breakfast spread was limited - but okay.
If you have shopping and visiting the Kolkata Monuments in mind - This Hotel can be a choice. But the surrounding area is typical Kolkata - all hustle bustle and not very easy on the eyes. However, once in the hotel - it's different story.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walson known as erstwhile Walson Hotel, the newly refurbished Walson Spa o Tel, opened its doors to the indulgence seeking populace on 1st Sept 2010 in the city's central districts such as park street and the new market, make it a sought after location to be in. The vibrance & the exuberance of the city are at an arm's reach as major shopping markets, cinema hall, the Victoria Memorial and underground metro network and famous Hawarah station and corporate sector in Park Street all situated in the vicinity. This makes the hotel an ideal place of convenience and indulgence both for business travelers and tourists. The rooms are equipped with all the modern amenities and are luxuriously furnished o allow the patrons to sink into leisurely & delightful stay experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Walson Spa "O" Tel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bawa Walson Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Walson Spa "O" Tel India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia