It all depends whether you want to be on Sudder Street, which is the foreigner/backpacker ghetto. If you do, the Bawa Walson is a good option. Three minutes from the India Museum, five minutes from Park Street. The property is new and well-maintained, with nice Buddhist-themed art everywhere. Staff are helpful and attentive, and the rooms, while a bit standard-issue, are clean and comfortable. Food in the restaurant is OK, but it's outdoors without a/c, which can be a problem in Calcutta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walson known as erstwhile Walson Hotel, the newly refurbished Walson Spa o Tel, opened its doors to the indulgence seeking populace on 1st Sept 2010 in the city's central districts such as park street and the new market, make it a sought after location to be in. The vibrance & the exuberance of the city are at an arm's reach as major shopping markets, cinema hall, the Victoria Memorial and underground metro network and famous Hawarah station and corporate sector in Park Street all situated in the vicinity. This makes the hotel an ideal place of convenience and indulgence both for business travelers and tourists. The rooms are equipped with all the modern amenities and are luxuriously furnished o allow the patrons to sink into leisurely & delightful stay experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Walson Spa "O" Tel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bawa Walson Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Walson Spa "O" Tel India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia