This hotel is expensive considering the location with slightly small rooms even though we stayed in a deluxe room. The bathroom was good, clean, good design and with a quality shower.
The food in the restaurant is good for dinner but the breakfast is awful. The restaurant staff are not great, slow to serve and more interested in watching tv - I did make reception aware of this. The spa is not included on the price and has to be accessed via the restaurant. There is no pool. Location wise it is a short walk to Park Street and the museum (which is awful and a waste of time) On the whole, average and overpriced hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walson known as erstwhile Walson Hotel, the newly refurbished Walson Spa o Tel, opened its doors to the indulgence seeking populace on 1st Sept 2010 in the city's central districts such as park street and the new market, make it a sought after location to be in. The vibrance & the exuberance of the city are at an arm's reach as major shopping markets, cinema hall, the Victoria Memorial and underground metro network and famous Hawarah station and corporate sector in Park Street all situated in the vicinity. This makes the hotel an ideal place of convenience and indulgence both for business travelers and tourists. The rooms are equipped with all the modern amenities and are luxuriously furnished o allow the patrons to sink into leisurely & delightful stay experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Walson Spa "O" Tel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bawa Walson Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Walson Spa "O" Tel India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia