“A great business hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Walson Spa "O" Tel

and 1 more site!
Walson Spa "O" Tel
Ranked #110 of 217 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Nagpur, India
“A great business hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I must say that the place offers really good food. Though the rooms are very small, but has all the modern amenities. the staff is bit arrogant, but considering what the hotel offers and the tariff, we can forget that.

Room Tip: The restaurant offers great food.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mihirkanakia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was my second time stay at Bawa Walson, Kolkata. Because I had an excellent experience last time (Dec 11) therefore I didn’t think of any other hotel for this time (14th June 12). But unfortunately I found the hotel at very disappointing condition. We arrived at the hotel around 5.30 pm just returned from Airport and found the tap water was totally black color, so could not even fresh n up ourselves. When we informed the reception they informed the main tank is getting clean and will be done by next 3-4 hours. Just imagine what we felt that time. We went out and came back around 8 pm but still no change. Then I use the drinking water. Then a plumber came and told us let the water run for few minutes and fresh water will come. However after that we found that the bed and pillow cover was dirty with permanent stains on it.

Next morning again we found that black color water is coming and also the water force is very little. Again we called the plumber he came and fix the problem. During our 2 nights stay may be plumber came t our room for 4-5 times  , how pathetic the stay could be.

If the condition doesn’t improve then definitely staying at this hotel will not be a very good idea. I will request the authority of the hotel to take care of such issues.

Farzana
Dhaka, Bangladesh

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

Patiala, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I found this hotel accidentally . As I travel to Kolkata for my business as it is a budgeted trip I never used to get a decent hotel in my price range. But this is a property not to be missed . U can get a decent room with breakfast for 3k. Rooms n bathrooms r small but clean and r fitted with all modern gadgets. Breakfast is good too. Location is great for me as it is located in the business hub but for tourists it may not be appropriate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank INDERMOHANMANCHANDA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

It's completely a value for money and worth staying at Bawa Walson. Sudder Street is better in terms of cleanliness, calmness and availability of various shops than Marquis Street, Lindsay Street, Free School Street and Mirza Galib Street. These mentioned streets all are near by to the New Market area but Sudder Street is the best and worthn staying for all for sure. This Hotel was basically a house and afterwards modified to the Hotel. Thus, room is spacious like 25 ~ 28 Sqm. I was in the 3rd Floor (room # 306). I along with my wife and 2.5 years daughter was with me and they like this hotel. Hotel has a restaurant itself but bit expensive than usual. There is a open area i.e. courtyard which is really a nice one to relax yourself at late evening. I'll be back again in my next visit for sure..........

Wishes all the best to Bawa Walson and see you next time. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shohagepyllion
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

There are bed bugs in this hotel, therefore if you do not want to suffer from bed bug bites, please stay somewhere else! My mother and I just returned from Kolkata, and we had a very unpleasant stay with sleepless nights. At first glance the hotel seemed impressive as location was great, and rooms looked nice and clean with modern décor. However, upon a closer look, the sheets and pillow cases appeared unclean with visible stains. I overlooked this as overall the room was nice and cozy, and was generally clean. During our first night at the hotel (Room 201), I was woken up in the middle of the night with terrible itching, and found two huge bed bugs on the bed. After I told the reception about this the next morning, they moved us to another room on the same floor (Room 210). I was woken up in the middle of the night again due to itching, and found bed bugs on the pillow cases. The reception staff are also extremely unhelpful, as they reacted very nonchalantly when I reported this to them. Clearly the hotel management is not doing enough to keep the hotel clean and hygienic, and they should be embarrassed to charge anything from guests who have had this experience during their stay at the hotel. I would strongly advise against staying at this hotel if you wish to have a pleasant stay in Kolkata.

Room Tip: Since there were bed bugs in both the rooms we stayed in (201 & 210) I am guessing all other roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank msarwar
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is a reasonably modern hotel better than the average Sudder St backpackers. Rooms are clean and comfortable and were serviced regularly. Towels were very coarse. Included breakfas\t was very poor. There were a lot of steps up to the room but a lift was being installed. We would stay here again as it represented fair value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Booked this hotel to for a group of my relatives and a friend who were in Kolkata during end-of-Feb'12. I got an all round remark from my family who stayed at this place that it was quite nice. The proximity to major areas like New Market is a delight ! Price was very reasonable. The staff want too friendly to start with but improved every time I met them on their communication skills and customer relationship management. Rooms were very well done. Some construction was going on a major part of the hotel so there was a lot of noise but I hope that should be complete by now.

IMHO - They need to investigate ways to get better in areas like Room Service, Wait time for Orders.

Would definately keep this in the list for future travels to Kolkata. Good Job Bawa Walson ! Hope an even better experience next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family