Walson Spa "O" Tel
The Peerless Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$98
$56
Hyatt Regency Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$103
The Oberoi Grand(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$160
$118
Hotels.com
$110
Radisson Kolkata Ballygunge(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$110
Radisson
Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$117
$86
Swissotel Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$75
$67
Taj Bengal Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$140
$132
  • Pool
The Park Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$121
$103
  • Breakfast included
$100
$65
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsindian museumwalking distancemodern amenitiesvictoria memorialmarketstreetparkwiforeigners
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I found this hotel accidentally . As I travel to Kolkata for my business as it is a budgeted trip I never used to get a decent hotel in my price range. But this is a property not to be missed . U can get a decent room with breakfast for 3k. Rooms n bathrooms r small but clean and r fitted with all modern gadgets. Breakfast is good too. Location is great for me as it is located in the business hub but for tourists it may not be appropriate.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank INDERMOHANMANCHANDA
Reviewed June 19, 2012

It's completely a value for money and worth staying at Bawa Walson. Sudder Street is better in terms of cleanliness, calmness and availability of various shops than Marquis Street, Lindsay Street, Free School Street and Mirza Galib Street. These mentioned streets all are near by to the New Market area but Sudder Street is the best and worthn staying for all for sure. This Hotel was basically a house and afterwards modified to the Hotel. Thus, room is spacious like 25 ~ 28 Sqm. I was in the 3rd Floor (room # 306). I along with my wife and 2.5 years daughter was with me and they like this hotel. Hotel has a restaurant itself but bit expensive than usual. There is a open area i.e. courtyard which is really a nice one to relax yourself at late evening. I'll be back again in my next visit for sure..........

Wishes all the best to Bawa Walson and see you next time. Thanks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shohagepyllion
Reviewed June 17, 2012

There are bed bugs in this hotel, therefore if you do not want to suffer from bed bug bites, please stay somewhere else! My mother and I just returned from Kolkata, and we had a very unpleasant stay with sleepless nights. At first glance the hotel seemed impressive as location was great, and rooms looked nice and clean with modern décor. However, upon a closer look, the sheets and pillow cases appeared unclean with visible stains. I overlooked this as overall the room was nice and cozy, and was generally clean. During our first night at the hotel (Room 201), I was woken up in the middle of the night with terrible itching, and found two huge bed bugs on the bed. After I told the reception about this the next morning, they moved us to another room on the same floor (Room 210). I was woken up in the middle of the night again due to itching, and found bed bugs on the pillow cases. The reception staff are also extremely unhelpful, as they reacted very nonchalantly when I reported this to them. Clearly the hotel management is not doing enough to keep the hotel clean and hygienic, and they should be embarrassed to charge anything from guests who have had this experience during their stay at the hotel. I would strongly advise against staying at this hotel if you wish to have a pleasant stay in Kolkata.

Room Tip: Since there were bed bugs in both the rooms we stayed in (201 & 210) I am guessing all other rooms on that floor will also have bed bugs. If you have to stay at this hotel, try the 3rd flr.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank msarwar
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is a reasonably modern hotel better than the average Sudder St backpackers. Rooms are clean and comfortable and were serviced regularly. Towels were very coarse. Included breakfas\t was very poor. There were a lot of steps up to the room but a lift was being installed. We would stay here again as it represented fair value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Booked this hotel to for a group of my relatives and a friend who were in Kolkata during end-of-Feb'12. I got an all round remark from my family who stayed at this place that it was quite nice. The proximity to major areas like New Market is a delight ! Price was very reasonable. The staff want too friendly to start with but improved every time I met them on their communication skills and customer relationship management. Rooms were very well done. Some construction was going on a major part of the hotel so there was a lot of noise but I hope that should be complete by now.

IMHO - They need to investigate ways to get better in areas like Room Service, Wait time for Orders.

Would definately keep this in the list for future travels to Kolkata. Good Job Bawa Walson ! Hope an even better experience next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family