Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
OYO 8863 Hotel Sigma(Kolkata (Calcutta))
View Hotel
OYO 1348 Hotel Zaika Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Breakfast included
The Howrah Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Hotel Saket(Howrah)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Clark Inn Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Floatel Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsitc fortunezodiac restaurantfortune groupswimming poolsales teamfamily outingexcellent staymain cityfood qualitykeep up the good workget togetherthird floorwill visit againbanquet hallf bkolkata citypleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I booked with this hotel in order to attend a wedding taking place in the associated resort.

I had arranged an airport pick up and the driver was polite and extremely friendly.

On arrival, the hotel was impressive, a large glamorous resort style hotel. But on closer inspection, a lack of maintenance was clear and it is obvious this hotel is in decline.

The room was large and spacious, although a bit jaded. The large sliding window nearly fell in when I tried to open it to look over the grounds. When I complained, I was told I didn't need to open the window as I had air conditioning.

I asked for internet access. This worked the first time, however when I tried to log back in after a power cut, I was told by the night receptionist my code was only good for one log in and I would have to wait for the day staff to come in to reapply for a fresh code.

As it was late I had first dinner in the hotel. The food and service was good.

All in all, the service and hotel are fine if you want to relax in a resort away from town, but I wanted to tie some sightseeing in around the wedding festivities. The hotel was too far away from town. The hotel's car and driver was expensive, and they were reluctant to give out numbers for commercial taxis/ drivers.

A 30/ 40minute car journey to Kolkata's centre on India's notorious highways was just too far for me, and I felt isolated without reliable internet access, reasonably priced transport or the ability to walk around the city.

I checked out the following day and into the Senator Hotel in the centre of Kolkata. I returned as a day visitor to attend the wedding festivities at the resort, which were splendid, however, it suited me better to hire a local driver to bring me back for the wedding once than to have to travel everyday of my stay into the city using Fortune's overpriced car. At Senator I also had the opportunity to walk back from the major sites to freshen up in the afternoon.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We were staying at park street in Kolkata and decided to check in in Fortune park panchwati. It took us around 2 hrs from Howrah bridge. We were really tired and were worried when we reached there because it was too inside. But when we entered the hotel, all the travelling seemed worth it. The hotel is beautiful. Sitting near thee swimming pool was so much fun. The hotel provides materials for playing cricket etc free of cost. Buffet breakfast and dinner were too good. The staff was really helpful. Overall an excellent hotel with great services.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2010

The hotel is very thinly occupied. air conditioning is bad.
There is a swimming pool but anybody hardly goes there.

It is on the back side of a club in howrah.

It is suitable for only one night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank udayan1973
Reviewed November 12, 2010

1. Service was great but while checking out they took a lot more time than expected.
2. Well decorated and nice interiors.
3 .No smoking made the things more comfortable
4.Nice pool area
5.Bar is good and stock with good collection
6.Nice Food.

Dont:

Use cold drinks or any other stuff in the hotel they charge.
Dont provide for basic amities likes..Toothpaste , Saving gel etc unless asked for

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank nponline
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Its a wonderful hotel. The club rooms are beautiful and very tastefully decorated. The Bar is very well stocked. Zodiac the coffee shop is just too good. It has a beautiful pool. The staff are all very polite and cordial. I would always recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family