“Anniversary Trip”

Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel
Ranked #29 of 218 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Manali, India
“Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed on 16th Feb' 2014, loved the venue, location, facility, hospitality of friendly staff. It was an exceptional trip. Mr. Sumit Kumar Patel is a very smart & helpful manager for taking care of us. The hotel service makes us feel home, with delicious food.
We enjoyed our trip, overall nice stay according to one's budget. The trip was really a memorable trip of our life & we enjoyed most........!!

Thanks & regards..
Sujeet

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FPPK, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati,Kolkata!

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Kolkata.

At Fortune Park Panchwati, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Park Panchwati and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Kunal Banerjee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

My family and I went to this hotel with great expectations and had a very mixed experience. I had contacted the hotel directly to do the booking and got a "Winter Package", for their "Standard Room", including breakfast and dinner. This hotel is around 20 mins from Vidyadagar Setu on Kona Expressway. One has to take a turn-off 5 mins after Santragachi Station (at Gofra Bus Stop), however there are no signs on Kona Expressway and anybody going there for the first time will easily overshoot the sharp right turn bend. It is actually in the same location as Lakeland Country Club, but the signs pointing to Fortune Park Panchwati appear after you enter the main gate of the location (property?). Staff at check-in were very courteous and we were upgraded to the Superior Room on request. Rooms were impeccable, bathrooms were sparkling clean. The general layout of the hotel is pretty well planned, however the one jarring point is that in the lobby (where the reception/coffee shop - Zodiac etc. are there), the washrooms are almost 3-5 minutes walk away. If you go with any aged relatives or children, it is better to use the washrooms in your room. Worst thing was that there was no Toilet Paper in the ladies toilet, nor was the flush working there. Simply unacceptable. Room service was bizzare...we placed an order for a burger, soup and caesar salad at 4 PM and were forced to ring up after 30 mins when we were told that they forgot about it! Service in Zodiac was also pretty poor. Mainly trainee servers, who kept forgetting our requests, even though there were perhaps 3-4 tables occupied. Food was ok...the quality of Fish was good and chicken was average...Buffet Breakfast was filling, but the quality of salami & bacon was akin to rubber on the first day. Second day, at least the pork sausages were good. Rest of the buffet breakfast was very tasty, however service needs to be improved massively.
Front desk staff was very courteous, helpful and the Chef helped out with making some off-menu dishes for my mom who eats bland food for health reasons.
Surprisingly...there is no Gym!
The positives of this stay are - good accomodation and sitting areas... Go with your family or with your better half if you want a quiet undisturbed weekend break.
Areas of improvement - service in the restaurants, quality of food.

Room Tip: 2316 & 2318 are garden facing superior rooms, which are pretty decent. Don't forget to take...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank D_Deb_In
FPPK, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking time out to revisit the events of your stay.

As discussed, we have conducted a point wise investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same.

It is through valueable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and exceed customer expectations.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Fortune Park Panchwati for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

I do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Mr.Kunal Banerjee

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I visited Fortune Park Panchwati recently to escape from the madness and city pollution and a much needed break. Since we decided to run away on a weekend we took a package which basically came to somewhere around 5.5k with breakfast and dinner inclusive. The hotel is roughly 45 minutes from the city center and the best route is to drive down via Vidyasagar Setu and Kona Expressway. It's in the same area as the Lake Land Country Club so you would need to take a right just after the Santragachi Railway Station and take the road which will lead you to the resort. There are no proper signages along the road whcih can be confusing...one on the highway would have been helpful...my GPS helped me though!

On reaching we were welcomed by the very helpful, courteous and smiling staff and after the mandatroy form filling and photo id verification redirected to our rooms (we upgraded to superior rooms as the standard rooms were a bit small we thought) on the third floor. The rooms are well appointed with all modern amenities - tv, minibar, aircon with individual climate control and amazing views of the vicinity. The beds were comfortable and nice. The room my parents were staying had damps on one of its walls (2318 if I am not mistaken) which I noticed late otherwise I would asked them to change it. All rooms by the way are non smoking.

The pool I thought was pretty well maintained and huge. However since it's January I decided not to take a plunge. The pool side is neatly decorated with a variety of flower pots with chairs. The hotel has a tea lounge and a well stocked bar on the ground floor right after the reception. You can laze by the poolside for hours with a drink. There is not much to do once you check in apart from using the various hotel amenities. At most you could take a stroll in the sprawling resort complex.

It was 4PM when decided to order some snacks as we were hungry. So we called in room service and ordered some soup, salad and burgers. After there was no signs of food after 20 minutes we called them up again only to be told that they had forgotten our order (for which they apologized) and were arranging for the same in the next ten minutes. The food finally came after 20 minutes! Since dinner was complimentary for us we went to the dining room around 9:30PM. We were told that there was a set menu and had to wait for 10 minuts for the food to be servd. The fish was very tasty, chicken rice and breads were average...nothing much to write about. For deserts there was hot gulab jamun and ice cream. The second helpings we asked for took plenty of time to be served and the ice cream was served in our rooms since we were tired of waiting. Felt sorry for two waiters who had to manage the entire crowd at the restaurant. The situation was slightly better the next day for buffet breakfast. Since it was a buffet we did not have to wait much. The spread on offer was pretty much exhaustive ranging from a variety of juices, cakes, choice of egg, poha, puri-sabzi, idli and smileys. What disappointed me was the bacon and salami which I thought was fried a bit too much.

A decent experience I must say - however I thought the room service was slightly slack. Calling them repeatedly for room service, house keeping etc was becoming a pain sometimes. A hotel from the ITC stable surely needs improvement on those lines.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Delhi, Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Good and clean rooms. The hotel premises are well maintained and an evening walk is a nice and soothing experience. It is located slightly away from the main attractions. Food is average at its best. Service is not of "Fortune" standard. Huge scope of improvement

Room Tip: Our room with the view of the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed in the hotel on 31st night it was a great experience. We were given a room on the first floor, The pool was definately the main attraction. Similarly the cuisine was delicious. Loved it!

If i ever come back to kolkata again will definately stay in this hotel. Well definately by my experience i can say the hotel is being run by definately professionals to this field..

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel have a good view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We organized my sister's wedding ceremony in the banquet hall of this hotel. From the very beginning the staff was very cooperative and clearly understood our requirements. We visited the venue only once while booking and rest all the preparations were discussed over emails. On the D-day, we found every bit of the event perfect and just as we have thought of. The menu had lots of variety and every single item on the buffet was delicious as mentioned by every guest of ours. The staff was very humble and on their toes for service. The wedding continued till 4:00 am in the morning and everyone enjoyed the event. The venue is huge and the guests had the view of beautiful pools surrounding the hall. The suite room is also beautiful and peaceful. I thank the entire staff and the managers for such a memorable event. Will definitely recommend this hotel for such events.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

kolkata, india
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Just came back from a 1 night stay at this hotel and I came away extremely disappointed with the hotel, the rooms, the surroundings and the amenities. While this is on the outskirts of the city, its touted as a family resort kind of property which is ok in concept. However, the execution is just too poor. The building is drab, with trash scattered around the entry ramp, while you enter a smallish lobby area, which is just about bearable. The elevators are creaky and the buttons had turned black due to usage and poor cleaning. Stepping into the hallway, I noted frayed green carpets and a musty musty smell which was overpowering. The room was more of the same with a pervasive musty smell and the Aircon was unable to reduce the smell but only ended up increasing the smell.

The view from the windows was not great and we overlooked a parking lot, which is fine. But, just below the window, we noted trash and small blocks of concrete which had fallen off. We were part of a corporate team and were busy with the team all day. Didnt use the pool since it was too cold. The food was ok (breakfast was better, but dinner and tea was pretty ordinary).

Management needs to pull up its socks and improve this hotel tremendously.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank premjit_pc
FPPK, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Park Panchwati.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address.

Kunal Banerjee.