“Not too good not too bad either”

Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel
Ranked #28 of 219 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Not too good not too bad either”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I visited Fortune Park Panchwati recently to escape from the madness and city pollution and a much needed break. Since we decided to run away on a weekend we took a package which basically came to somewhere around 5.5k with breakfast and dinner inclusive. The hotel is roughly 45 minutes from the city center and the best route is to drive down via Vidyasagar Setu and Kona Expressway. It's in the same area as the Lake Land Country Club so you would need to take a right just after the Santragachi Railway Station and take the road which will lead you to the resort. There are no proper signages along the road whcih can be confusing...one on the highway would have been helpful...my GPS helped me though!

On reaching we were welcomed by the very helpful, courteous and smiling staff and after the mandatroy form filling and photo id verification redirected to our rooms (we upgraded to superior rooms as the standard rooms were a bit small we thought) on the third floor. The rooms are well appointed with all modern amenities - tv, minibar, aircon with individual climate control and amazing views of the vicinity. The beds were comfortable and nice. The room my parents were staying had damps on one of its walls (2318 if I am not mistaken) which I noticed late otherwise I would asked them to change it. All rooms by the way are non smoking.

The pool I thought was pretty well maintained and huge. However since it's January I decided not to take a plunge. The pool side is neatly decorated with a variety of flower pots with chairs. The hotel has a tea lounge and a well stocked bar on the ground floor right after the reception. You can laze by the poolside for hours with a drink. There is not much to do once you check in apart from using the various hotel amenities. At most you could take a stroll in the sprawling resort complex.

It was 4PM when decided to order some snacks as we were hungry. So we called in room service and ordered some soup, salad and burgers. After there was no signs of food after 20 minutes we called them up again only to be told that they had forgotten our order (for which they apologized) and were arranging for the same in the next ten minutes. The food finally came after 20 minutes! Since dinner was complimentary for us we went to the dining room around 9:30PM. We were told that there was a set menu and had to wait for 10 minuts for the food to be servd. The fish was very tasty, chicken rice and breads were average...nothing much to write about. For deserts there was hot gulab jamun and ice cream. The second helpings we asked for took plenty of time to be served and the ice cream was served in our rooms since we were tired of waiting. Felt sorry for two waiters who had to manage the entire crowd at the restaurant. The situation was slightly better the next day for buffet breakfast. Since it was a buffet we did not have to wait much. The spread on offer was pretty much exhaustive ranging from a variety of juices, cakes, choice of egg, poha, puri-sabzi, idli and smileys. What disappointed me was the bacon and salami which I thought was fried a bit too much.

A decent experience I must say - however I thought the room service was slightly slack. Calling them repeatedly for room service, house keeping etc was becoming a pain sometimes. A hotel from the ITC stable surely needs improvement on those lines.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Good and clean rooms. The hotel premises are well maintained and an evening walk is a nice and soothing experience. It is located slightly away from the main attractions. Food is average at its best. Service is not of "Fortune" standard. Huge scope of improvement

Room Tip: Our room with the view of the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed in the hotel on 31st night it was a great experience. We were given a room on the first floor, The pool was definately the main attraction. Similarly the cuisine was delicious. Loved it!

If i ever come back to kolkata again will definately stay in this hotel. Well definately by my experience i can say the hotel is being run by definately professionals to this field..

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel have a good view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
FPPK, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Sir

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati,Kolkata!

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Kolkata.

At Fortune Park Panchwati, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Park Panchwati and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We organized my sister's wedding ceremony in the banquet hall of this hotel. From the very beginning the staff was very cooperative and clearly understood our requirements. We visited the venue only once while booking and rest all the preparations were discussed over emails. On the D-day, we found every bit of the event perfect and just as we have thought of. The menu had lots of variety and every single item on the buffet was delicious as mentioned by every guest of ours. The staff was very humble and on their toes for service. The wedding continued till 4:00 am in the morning and everyone enjoyed the event. The venue is huge and the guests had the view of beautiful pools surrounding the hall. The suite room is also beautiful and peaceful. I thank the entire staff and the managers for such a memorable event. Will definitely recommend this hotel for such events.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati,Kolkata!

kolkata, india
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Just came back from a 1 night stay at this hotel and I came away extremely disappointed with the hotel, the rooms, the surroundings and the amenities. While this is on the outskirts of the city, its touted as a family resort kind of property which is ok in concept. However, the execution is just too poor. The building is drab, with trash scattered around the entry ramp, while you enter a smallish lobby area, which is just about bearable. The elevators are creaky and the buttons had turned black due to usage and poor cleaning. Stepping into the hallway, I noted frayed green carpets and a musty musty smell which was overpowering. The room was more of the same with a pervasive musty smell and the Aircon was unable to reduce the smell but only ended up increasing the smell.

The view from the windows was not great and we overlooked a parking lot, which is fine. But, just below the window, we noted trash and small blocks of concrete which had fallen off. We were part of a corporate team and were busy with the team all day. Didnt use the pool since it was too cold. The food was ok (breakfast was better, but dinner and tea was pretty ordinary).

Management needs to pull up its socks and improve this hotel tremendously.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank premjit_pc
FPPK, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Park Panchwati.

Kunal Banerjee.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Its a wonderful place , pleased with the overall experience. Rooms are quiet, cozy and comfortable.Staffs were extremely helpful courteous and professional. Initially we were apprehensive as it is a little far from the city but the service we received is quite impressive and we recommend the venue and plan to return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
FPPK, Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2016

Dear Ms.Sarmistha

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati !

At Fortune Park Panchwati, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed November 20, 2013

first thing the hotel not in kolkata .it is in howrah .every day you have to pay lot of money for the poorly maintained so called taxi .environment not good on the way to hotel there is a stagnant water with bad smell.we entered one room the toilet flesh not working .then we changed the next room that toilet flush working slowly ha ha aha .we booked three adults and we paid for three adults they provided only extra bed no extra cot one person have to sleep in the floor after paying this much money.swimming pool poorly maintained stinking .in the night the hotel look like horrer bungalow..the bathroom towels are not washed properly not look like white .while coming back from kolkata to hotel no taxi will come to this far if you have luck you may get it other wise take 11c bus with your coat &suit ha ha ha ah

Room Tip: dont stay to this hotel ,you have to spend lot of money for taxi
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank anbu333333
FPPK, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Sir,

Fortune Park Panchwati.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services