Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel
Ranked #16 of 235 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We organized my sister's wedding ceremony in the banquet hall of this hotel. From the very beginning the staff was very cooperative and clearly understood our requirements. We visited the venue only once while booking and rest all the preparations were discussed over emails. On the D-day, we found every bit of the event perfect and just as we have thought of. The menu had lots of variety and every single item on the buffet was delicious as mentioned by every guest of ours. The staff was very humble and on their toes for service. The wedding continued till 4:00 am in the morning and everyone enjoyed the event. The venue is huge and the guests had the view of beautiful pools surrounding the hall. The suite room is also beautiful and peaceful. I thank the entire staff and the managers for such a memorable event. Will definitely recommend this hotel for such events.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
FPPK, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Sir

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati,Kolkata!

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Kolkata.

At Fortune Park Panchwati, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Park Panchwati and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Just came back from a 1 night stay at this hotel and I came away extremely disappointed with the hotel, the rooms, the surroundings and the amenities. While this is on the outskirts of the city, its touted as a family resort kind of property which is ok in concept. However, the execution is just too poor. The building is drab, with trash scattered around the entry ramp, while you enter a smallish lobby area, which is just about bearable. The elevators are creaky and the buttons had turned black due to usage and poor cleaning. Stepping into the hallway, I noted frayed green carpets and a musty musty smell which was overpowering. The room was more of the same with a pervasive musty smell and the Aircon was unable to reduce the smell but only ended up increasing the smell.

The view from the windows was not great and we overlooked a parking lot, which is fine. But, just below the window, we noted trash and small blocks of concrete which had fallen off. We were part of a corporate team and were busy with the team all day. Didnt use the pool since it was too cold. The food was ok (breakfast was better, but dinner and tea was pretty ordinary).

Management needs to pull up its socks and improve this hotel tremendously.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank premjit_pc
FPPK, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Park Panchwati.

Kunal Banerjee.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Its a wonderful place , pleased with the overall experience. Rooms are quiet, cozy and comfortable.Staffs were extremely helpful courteous and professional. Initially we were apprehensive as it is a little far from the city but the service we received is quite impressive and we recommend the venue and plan to return.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
FPPK, Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2016

Dear Ms.Sarmistha

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati !

At Fortune Park Panchwati, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

first thing the hotel not in kolkata .it is in howrah .every day you have to pay lot of money for the poorly maintained so called taxi .environment not good on the way to hotel there is a stagnant water with bad smell.we entered one room the toilet flesh not working .then we changed the next room that toilet flush working slowly ha ha aha .we booked three adults and we paid for three adults they provided only extra bed no extra cot one person have to sleep in the floor after paying this much money.swimming pool poorly maintained stinking .in the night the hotel look like horrer bungalow..the bathroom towels are not washed properly not look like white .while coming back from kolkata to hotel no taxi will come to this far if you have luck you may get it other wise take 11c bus with your coat &suit ha ha ha ah

Room Tip: dont stay to this hotel ,you have to spend lot of money for taxi
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank anbu333333
FPPK, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Sir,

Fortune Park Panchwati.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

Reviewed November 16, 2013

First of all. Don't go by the pictures. This place is far away from City and there is no way of transportation unless you want to use hotel car which is very costly and eventually you end up paying the same what you could have while staying in the city. Dirty bathroom towels.
Infact there are not much people in the hotel and it not meant for stay.
Even the room service is poor.
And portion which they serve are not consistent when you order same dish the next day.
no taxi from city wants to goto this place.
And when actually request Hotel to do the same, they wont help.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandypopli
Fppk, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Mr. Popli,

our Hotel.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Away from Kolkata city, a nice & beautiful hotel free from Noise, Crowd and pollution. Although taxi charged a lot to reach there from Airport... but once u checked-in in the hotel... u will fell a very peaceful environment with luxury. Food is very good... especially buffet dinner spread was quite good... staffs are very co-operative and humble.
Worth Staying

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kamal707
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice hotel to to stay for a longer duration since it away from city's noise, pollution and crowd. The place gives you a feeling of resort. Although I must admit that it may not be suitable for a person who is their for a business purpose since situated little away from city, but I enjoyed my stay there. My room was comfortable, food was delicious and authentic bengali. I will recommend this hotel and would love to come back.

Room Tip: Try to take a room which is pool facing
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends