“Good hotel but out of the city”

Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel
Ranked #29 of 218 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good hotel but out of the city”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Its definately as per the fortune standards, but the hotel is located out of the city. No vehicals available formt eh airport for this hotel. Its even risky to go back to the hotel at noght unless you have the hotel car. Catching flights form this hotel early morning is also a problem..as its far and they usually run out of CARS.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PreetiRamteke
Hotel1970, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Kolkata.

I am glad you found Fortune Park Panchwati good and upto the Fortune Standards.

At Fortune Park Panchwati, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I have noted your concern on early morning availability of taxi and I shall ensure availability of the same in your next visit.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Park Panchwati and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Thank you.

Somnath Dey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
jaipur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

we had a wonderful stay in all aspects over here. Thanks to all the team members specially front office. The staffs were really courteous and prompt. The foods were excellent in terms of quality and quantity. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel is also good, away from all the noises in the city. good peaceful place. In one words if you want to relax and recharge yourself, this the best place. I will definitely keep visiting this place. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor has a good view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

While this is a 4-Star Hotel due to its size probably, the facilities are not up to the mark. The room in which I stayed had red ants crawling around the tea pot and the sugar. Due to lack of sufficient number of lifts, you keep on waiting for the lifts if you have to come down.

Located on a very remote location, you cannot use this place for any other purpose other than a small vacation or for hosting marriage ceremonies on bulk basis.

The food is pretty good compared to other ameniities. While some room have health faucets, some don't. Some rooms give the view of the swimming pool, others don't. So ask and choose accordingly.

Room Tip: Go for the Club room which is on the top floor and has health faucets and overlooks the swimming poo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ashishberlia
Hotel1970, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Park Panchwati.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place is located in the end of a narrow and deserted lane off the Kona expressway. The location is a total put off and only suitable to people if they have work in nearby area. The hotel lacks basic maintenance. The corridors are leaking, the lift looks sick, the rooms have damp and the mirrors have patches. It seems like this hotel is only occupied for marriages and conferences. I would not suggest this place for family as the whole area is very deserted and scary. It is good options for stags if they have work nearby.

Room Tip: All seem to be good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PrakashAgrawal
Somnath D, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013

Fortune Park Panchwati.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I spent three nights here with my wife. We need a place to getaway for the long weekend and this was the closest to the city which offered some peace and quiet. It is about a 45 min drive from central Kolkata. If you are driving there on your own, you will certainly need to check the route beforehand since there are no signboards on the way.
Check-in was smooth but the room was a slight let down. I say this because I had booked an Executive Suite and was expecting at least two rooms. The bathroom was small and seemed like it hadn't been cleaned before the room was given to us. It wasn't dirty but had this weird smell. The prompt room service took care of the problem though. The room itself was quite clean although one could notice signs of seepage in the false ceiling. There were signs of inadequate upkeep of the property in the building on the pool side as well. Another disappointment was the most of English channels were not working on the Cable TV.
The spread for all the meals was more than enough. The restaurant staff was more than helpful and were very accommodating when my wife mentioned she had certain dietary restrictions.
One thing that was incomplete was the amenities in the room itself. The brochure mentioned certain amenities which we never got. Granted that I never inquired about them till check out, but then that is what makes the service better than good.
Although I never did use the pool, I found the poolside very relaxing.
If you are looking for a spending some time away from the humdrum of daily life and want to relax, then this is the place for you. There is not much in terms of activities so don't look for that.
I will definitely have this on my list the next time I am looking to getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EdVader
Somnath D, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati!!

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities. I have also noted your suggestions on Housekeeping and Cable TV

Jamshedpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The rooms are clean and spacious however the condition of wash room is poor - cracked bath tub, leaking pipes, no refils of the commodities, Not providing sufficient towels. Over all, house keeping department is an issue. Packaged drinking water charged 4 times the MRP, Power cuts etc. The food was good, the people in the restaurant were very nice and friendly. The centralized airconditioner toggles a lot in the night, distrubing sleep due to room being hot. Over all, the stay was ok but the physical conditions needs serious attention,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Rishi S
Dear Guest,

At Fortune Park Panchwati , it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Chandigarh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Have stayed in the hotel on more than four occasions.
The stay was comfortable as well as pleasant. The hotel management and staff are very responsive to the needs of the hotel guests.
Away from hustle bustle of busy city of Kolkata, the location offers opportunities for exploring ones inner self.
Good place to stay during business trips and family holidays as well!

Room Tip: Club Floor Rooms are better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aknotey
Somnath D, General Manager at Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Notey,

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati, Kolkata!

Regards,