“Pleasant stay”

Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel
Ranked #21 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Although getting there was a little hectic (located on Kona highway), it was a great experience once I reached there. Though the service was a little tardy, the ambience and the location more than made for it. Rooms were clean and spacious. Pool area is very beautiful and seemed like a good place to throw a party!

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool are better. The ones near the reception are not so great
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear Mr. Shwetark,

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati, Kolkata!

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Kolkata.

At Fortune Park Panchwati, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Park Panchwati and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Regards,
Somnath Dey

There are newer reviews for Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I went for a friend's wedding in April and I stayed in the resort. I had an experience of my lifetime. Thanks a lot for making the stay spl!!! The Victorian architecture with the long beautiful columns had the old world charm of a bygone era. The best part was the jewel on the crown was the swimming where my friends and me spent many relaxed and memorable hours.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Blue12345_12
Management response:Responded June 9, 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Fortune Park Panchwati, Kolkata

I am delighted to know of your recent experience at Fortune Park Panchwati.

We value your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Nice experience, Good Break for the weekend. Staffs were very helpful.Good room service and awesome food. This place is amazing for wedding and conferences.Swimming pool is well maintained and large.I would recommend all my friends to come and enjoy their weekend.

Room Tip: Preferably asked for 3rd fl rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tarun K
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was the first conference at calcutta which i have been a party to and everything went on well. The people friendly team and the man behind the show was amazing. From the moment we walked in to the hotel it was amazing. The first option for any event at Kolkatta whether it is personal or professional will be Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel. Kudos! team fortune

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Aishunair
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We had been to fortune park for a Naming Ceremony, I was accompanied with my wife and two little kiddos. We had our buffet lunch, it was excellent food served, and the staffs were very courteous, We had a glimpse of the rooms it was clean and tidy, Though the Hotel was bit far away , the service was very excellent. definitive i would recommend this hotel to my friends....

Room Tip: room towards the side of the lawn are less noisy and we get some cold breeze.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lynette304558
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Dear readers, I present to you another of my well accepted candid review on Trip Advisor.

LOCATION: For people who are unsure of the location of this place, please note that this place is outside Kolkata....... almost 10 to 15mins drive from the Vidyasagar Setu (2nd Hooghly Bridge). Best and convnient way to reach here is by road (Kona Expressway). Hence, people who are in for business in Kolkata, you will be in trouble commuting between this place. Please...... use your own car to commute to this place since returning from here might be a big problem. Radio cabs may also be used for pick-ps.

OUR STAY: We stayed here for 2days (1 night), as a family weekend outing ..... during Christmas 2010. We were a family group of 12 people.

WHAT TO EXPECT: This property should be ideally called a "Resort".... definitely not a hotel. It is a huge and expansive property, good for relaxation. The facilities are perfect including swimming pool, racquet sports, salon, bar, restaurants, etc. People who want to get away from the hustle-bustle of Kolkata, this is a very good place. We were plesantly surprised to have a good Christmas dinner spread, including barbequed Turkey.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT: I feel that the place is a little overpriced. Promotional pricing would be a great idea to draw more crowds. Since the place is away from Kolkata, most of the people are not aware of this places existence. Returning from this place can be an ordeal, if you do not have a car or pick-up. The buffet spread in the restuarant is gala, but lot more expectation remains on the taste-factor.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: This is an amazing 4Star (I may say) resort, for short holidays. Rooms rents maybe a little above budget, but overall experience is quiet satisfactory.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Chandrachoor
Reviewed December 12, 2011

To Far from the city, no connectivity in terms of transportation. You waste time in travelling to and fro

The Property is OK and service too is satisfactory

Value for Money
Wish they provided some connectivity to the City..

You need to book cab in advance and shell out extra money for the travel, double the actual travel fare

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolkata (Calcutta)
Senses Hotel
Senses Hotel
#10 of 224 in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Tatvam Residency
Tatvam Residency
#20 of 224 in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Sapphire Suites
Sapphire Suites
#53 of 224 in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Lake Land Country Club Residency
Park Prime Kolkata
Park Prime Kolkata
#116 of 224 in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Jameson Inn Shiraz
Jameson Inn Shiraz
#17 of 224 in Kolkata (Calcutta)

Been to Fortune Park Panchwati Hotel? Share your experiences!