“Doubt their integrity”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Afraa Restaurant

Afraa Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 4,168 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Italian, Indian, European, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Doubt their integrity”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Afraa offers happy hours till 7.55 pm. I ordered my drinks at 7.45 pm. However I was told that since the time in their system is already past 7.55 pm I cannot avail the happy hour discounts. I cannot imagine a 10 minute difference between my watch and their system clock . I find their operations highly suspicious.

The lounge has an upscale feel to it because of their plush interiors.They charge a premium for their food and drinks. However the management is poor. On a busy day, smokers stand right next to your table. It gets difficult to have a decent time when there are people standing above your head, drinking and chatting without anyone in the management to control them.

I ordered 2 pints of Heineken, a cocktail and a paneer tikka for Rs 1800 with taxes. For an identical amount I would prefer the neighboring Hyatt.

• Visited December 2012

Mumbai
“Cool place after work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

The food is good. Ambiance is party type with disco lights.
Must try Jalpenos with Cheese.
Bit expensive but its worth.

Visited November 2012
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Awesum lounge !!! Average food !!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lounge on the 6th & 7th floor of a commercial mall sounds boring, but Afraa with its unique balcony based open lounge is a perfect place for a happening date.... Food is just average & a tad too expensive...

Visited August 2012
“Dining with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was invited for dinner here by some colleagues who were in town for business, while I was enjoying a short break from it all. Afraa has three outlets in this seven-storey building. I had visited their deli on the ground floor a couple of times already and did enjoy the food and atmosphere there. The thin crust pizzas are very recommended!
So now I went up the ladder to visit the restaurant on the seventh floor.

The ambiance was quite upper class in there, but still very loose. We were a party of seven and got a nice table in the back, with stunning views over nightly Kolkata around us.
We ordered some meat and fish dishes for starters, which tasted great and prepared us well for the next course. I ordered a rice dish for mains which was deliciously prepared by the chef, not too spicy but a good mix of flavours.

The staff did their best to serve us and they were very attentive when one's glass was nearly empty. Overall we had a nice dinner experience here.

• Visited September 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“U can eat and club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Good food, decent quality, and if u r tipsy , then go the lounge.
You won't miss the fun if u are Kolkata. It's happening place here in salt lake . One tip, don't try Detox salad.