“Brilliant Brunch!”
Review of Pan Asian

Pan Asian
Ranked #22 of 4,233 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

So it was my engagement on Saturday and what better way to follow that up with a Sunday Brunch at Pan-Asian, ITC Sonar. Being an ITC you tend to expect the best service and fantastic food but on the said day I was completely blown away.

The food was SPECTACULAR. The sushi is the best I've had in India. the Dim-sums were steaming hot and fresh and brought me "joy" every time I "popped" one in my mouth. I could go on and on and talk about how each dish that was prepared made me feel, but I guess by now you get the point.

The restaurant was filled with our guests and the staff present were extremely efficient with their service both with the entrees and the drinks, making the guests and hosts very happy. A special thanks to Anirudh and Soumen for doing a stellar job with service and hospitality.

All in all, the food at Pan Asian is fantastic and it just so turns out its an excellent place to hold a function or a party. I am completely floored by the standard of the food and service here and cant wait to go back there again.

1  Thank umairhashim
Zubin S, General Manager at Pan Asian, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out and reviewing us on Tripadvisor. We thank you for your words of appreciation & it feels great to know that your culinary experience at Pan Asian was amazing. We have conveyed your kind appreciation to Anirudh & Soumen and I am sure it will motivate them to reach greater heights.
We look forward to welcoming back to the ITC Sonar.

Warmest regards
Zubin S.Songadwala

There are newer reviews for Pan Asian

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food is absolutely great. From the sushi to the teppenyaki. Very overpriced though. Each piece of sushi(salmon ngiri) costs about 750. Thats 750 a bite. The sunday brunch buffet is great, except for the stinginess with the salmon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Pan Asian is one of my favourites in Kolkata(Calcutta).I love the Tepenyaki here though a la carte is also good.Its a perfect place to dine in style.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The food is excellent every time we go there and covers almost all Asian cuisines .the various dumplings and salads are just about perfect.the Sunday buffet is excellent and varied.service is courteous .Clean atmosphere.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stopped by at Pan Asian for dinner and were not disappointed. We wanted to have Asian food beyond Thai and Chinese and the choice at Pan Asian was a treat. We went by the recommendations of the staff and tried the Mongolian Hot Pot - it's a meal in itself and the perfect heartwarming soul food. The choice for vegetarians is unfortunately limited but if you're willing to push the culinary envelope with Asian food, this place should certainly be on your list!

2  Thank raomedha
ITCSONAR, Hotel Management at Pan Asian, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear valued reviewer,

Warm Greetings from ITC Sonar, Kolkata!

Thank you for the appreciative note. It is a pleasure that the services
rendered by us were up to your expectation. At ITC Sonar we bring you
awarding winning cuisines under one umbrella- ranging from Peshawri
offering robust flavours of the North West Frontier to Pan Asian savouring
the flavours of East Asia to Dum Pukht reliving the 'Grand Cuisine of
India'. For a complete getaway, relax your senses at Kaya Kalp- The Spa at
ITC Sonar. We look forward to welcoming you back to Kolkata & to ITC Sonar.

Warmest regards